Member Service Representative IV
Company: Selco Community Credit Union
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Position Overview The Member Service Representative IV provides
an exceptional service experience for SELCO Community Credit
Union's members, team members, and guests. Essential Functions
- Welcome and interact with members, team members and guests in a
warm and friendly manner, demonstrate a sincere interest and
willingness to help, and consistently address and thank the member
- Provide member service and perform duties with a high level of
accuracy, efficiency and in alignment with service expectations,
instructions, policies, and procedures including:
- Build and develop member relationships by asking open-ended
questions, identifying member needs, and promoting and
cross-selling suitable SELCO's core and specialized products and
- Routine teller services i.e., counting and documenting cash,
posting transactions, etc.
- Complex teller services i.e., GL entries, vault balancing,
- Basic member service i.e., processing ACH, card, wire, and
account change requests.
- Complex member services i.e., account opening, research, and
- Answer incoming calls and assist with specific inquiries.
- Basic loan services i.e., loan signing and disbursement
- Complex loan services i.e., conduct loan interviews, gather
information and documentation, submit requests to underwriting,
communicate with members, coordinate signing, and follow up as
- Assist team members and other departments, as needed.
- Demonstrate adaptability and leadership skills, and uphold
SELCO's mission statement, corporate values, service promises, and
exceptional customer service standards.
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, Credit Union policies,
confidentiality requirements, and other compliance
- Promptly resolve exceptions identified through quality control
audits and initiate steps to reduce future exceptions.
- Consistently achieve individual performance goals and
contribute to branch and organizational objectives.
- Demonstrate initiative to help protect the member and SELCO
from losses by detecting errors and taking action to prevent
- Attend and actively participate in required meetings and
- Adapt to and support change to accomplish SELCO's goals and
- Perform other duties as assigned. Skills and Abilities The
position requires the following:
- Exceptional customer service skills by using the G-VAL-HI
approach to providing service. Greet people, Value them. Ask how
you can help. Listen. Help them. Invite them back.
- Initiative and ability to effectively cross-sell SELCO's
products and services.
- Effective and professional communication skills in person, over
the phone, and in writing including through electronic
- Good interpersonal skills that enable working independently and
as part of a team at all organizational levels.
- Ability to apply knowledge acquired through job training and
self-study of procedures and updates.
- Computer and software application skills, including Microsoft
- Basic math and cash handling skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills with a high
level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including
the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and
- Ability to work accurately with a close attention to
- Willingness and ability to receive, give, and assimilate
coaching and feedback.
- Strong problem resolution and prevention skills.
- Ability to perform duties in an environment with background
noise and complete tasks despite interruptions.
- Work ethic that includes dependability, punctuality, and a
professional appearance and demeanor. Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Minimum one (1) year of customer service or sales experience;
- Must be bondable; and
- Must maintain active federal registration with Nationwide
Mortgage Licensing System. Physical Demands While performing the
job duties, approximately 80% of the time is spent stationary, with
the remaining time spent moving around work areas. Frequent
communication occurs in person, over the phone, and in writing.
This position requires the ability to view a computer screen and
interpret printed materials and other documents. This position
requires the ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds, and
there is an occasional need to stoop, kneel, or reach to access
documents, equipment and supplies. Interaction and Work Environment
Reports To: Branch Supervisor, Assistant Branch Manager, Branch
Manager, Senior Branch Manager Work areas are inside in a
climate-controlled environment with background noise, distractions,
and frequent interruptions. Work hours and location vary based on
branch needs and may include Saturday and/or Sunday hours. Material
and Equipment Used Black Light, Calculator/Ten-Key, Card Embosser,
Cash Dispenser/Recycler, Coin Machine, Computer, Copier, Currency
Counter, Drive-up Equipment, Fax, General Office Supplies, Phone,
Scanner, Security Equipment, Tablet Acknowledgement I have received
and reviewed a copy of the Member Service Representative IV job
description. I understand that this job description is not a
contract of employment and in no way changes the at-will nature of
the employment relationship with SELCO Community Credit Union.
Keywords: Selco Community Credit Union, Bend , Member Service Representative IV, Sales , Redmond, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!