Outside Plant Network Engineer - Bend, OR or Medford, OR
Posted on: November 27, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The Local Network Engineer II responsibilities include design and
preparation of Engineering Work Orders for land developments, new
buildings, single line requests, Rehab, DSL, FTTN, FTTH, FTTT, Road
Relocations, augmentation projects and special circuit requests.
Utilizing the following tools; NDS, AutoCAD, Fireworks/Bidmaster,
JDS, FORTE, WFMT, ARMOR, TIRKS, LFACS, and the full suite of
Microsoft Office. As an OSP field engineer you will be assigned a
geographic area and will be responsible for all OSP job requests.
This position designs and acquires civil permits. Maintain positive
interaction with Internal and External customers; maintain open
conversation with Planning and all company departments providing
high quality of service to the CenturyLink customers. Manage
workload for a given area.Job Description
Develops/defines plans for the implementation of new plant
construction or modifications to existing facilities.
- Prepares plans and specifications, to include gathering field
- Assures that the most feasible, practical and economical means
to complete the work are utilized. Provides cost data to support
capital planning and budgeting.
- Monitors and controls project expenditures.
- Oversees the installation/construction and testing of plant
- Skilled in planning and/or engineering.
- Analyzes local and wide area network systems and/or customer
network environment, including planning, designing, evaluating,
selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring
communication media with concentrators, bridges and other
- Resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across
all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia,
teleconferencing and the like.
- Configures systems to user environments.
- Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and
software as well as subcontractor services as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field OR equivalent
and relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Computer skills, including Email-Microsoft Outlook, Word,
Excel, ACAD and Qwest legacy systems.
- Work with Planning, Operations and all internal and external
customers, maintain budget, and assist with forecasting
- Maintain positive interaction between all governing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license, with a satisfactory driving record.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Oregon-Bend; US-Oregon-Medford
Requisition #: 216686
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Bend , Outside Plant Network Engineer - Bend, OR or Medford, OR, Professions , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!