Electrical Project Manager
Company: Turner & Townsend
Posted on: November 21, 2022
From the inception of a project through to completion and beyond,
Turner & Townsend help to deliver the outcomes that matter through
transformational programmes covering the full spectrum of
consultancy, project delivery and post-project operations.
With offices located globally, you're never far away from our
services. Working from 112 offices in 46 countries, we make the
difference to projects across the real estate, infrastructure and
natural resources sectors worldwide.
Turner & Townsend is looking for an Electrical Project Manager to
support large-scale, Data Center construction project with our
prominent technology client. The role will be responsible for
construction phase, commissioning and close out.
- Undertake field walks with the General Contractor and
- Work with GC, AE and OFCI vendors to create a coordinated
Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and key
- Support the lead project manager with weekly field
- Support the scheduler with updates on progress.
- Attend and support the weekly OAC meetings and update on
construction status and Cx activities
- Attend MDF/NDS network room handover inspections.
- Support with field coordination between the General Contractor,
Commissioning Agent and Client
- Lead with project close out documentation.
- Lead field inspections with the Architect, MEP Engineering
- Attend punch walks at substantial completion phase and lead
back-punch with the architect and MEP Engineering team.
- Update Cx Alloy during the commissioning phase and close out
all open commissioning items.
- Support the architect with RFI responses.
- Manage Electrical Cost / Change Control, including change order
review, negotiation, & recommendations, delay analysis.
- Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis.
- Ensure document control (track and coordinate addenda,
bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc) process is in
- Ensure QA/QC is being followed and report any issues/gaps.
- Ensure tracking of all key project documents, including
submittals, RFI's, change orders, invoices and payments, lien
releases, etc is being enforced.
- Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors working
with supply chain and consultants.
- Initiate close out process prior to project completion,
typically two to three months in advance with the client doc
control team, setting timelines and responsibilities.
- Establish close out documentation requirements. Ensure receipt
of all close-out documents until completion, including warranties,
as-builts, O&M manuals, etc.
- Ensure punch list, substantial completion and final completion
process through onsite Construction management team.
- Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders,
quality issues or disputes.
- Process and track any final invoices, payment applications,
retention payments, etc.
- Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget.
- Assist client in scheduling, coordination and management of all
Owner-direct vendors, consultants.
- Experience managing electrical construction projects of medium
to large complexity.
- Requisite knowledge and application of electrical and building
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems means and methods,
materials, and industry standards.
- Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts and
ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Field construction experience.
- Cross functional team participation in a high-tech, dynamic
- Mission critical experience.
- Experience in data center construction is advantageous.
- Project Management (or PMP) and Electrical certification,
Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to
view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please email
recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. If you are an individual with a
disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as
part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human
Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or
recruitmentUSA@turntown.com. This telephone line and email address
is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting
accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application
process. Please do not call about the status of your job
application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an
accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following
up on an application or non-disability related technical issues,
will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Turner & Townsend, Bend , Electrical Project Manager, Professions , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!