Sr. Formulation Technician
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: November 19, 2021
*Job Title: Senior Formulation Technician - Bend*
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
* How will you make an impact?*
The Formulation Technician I produces pharmaceutical Spray Dried
Intermediates (SDI) and Solid Dosage Forms (tablets, capsules,
granules) using current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). In
addition, they manage process documentation in a fast-paced,
flexible manufacturing environment.
* What will you do?*
* Progress towards Subject Matter Expertise on a single process
* Verify GMP activities.
* Achieve Qualified Trainer status.
* Maintain cleanliness required of equipment, work areas, and
facility; performs visual equipment inspections.
* Prepare manufacturing suites and components for Production Batch
* Execute Production Batch Records to make pharmaceutical
* Operate in a safe manner, wear appropriate PPE, and identify and
raise any safety hazards.
* Follow established waste disposal operations.
* Lead continuous improvement activities.
* Perform tasks of growing complexity with a higher degree of
* Mentor new team members.
* Update quality documents.
* Assist in the execution of equipment qualification activities and
maintenance, including liaison for third party vendors.
* Perform all duties in a cGMP manner.
* Follow all appropriate SOPs, Good Documentation Practices and
Data Integrity procedures.
* Exhibit Thermo Fisher's 4i Values (Integrity, Intensity,
Innovation and Involvement).
* Perform other vital technician responsibilities as directed.
* How will you get here?*
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* 3+ year of work experience in manufacturing/production
environment; pharma preferred.
* Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education, training, and
meaningful work experience may be considered.
* Knowledge, Skills, Abilities*
* Good knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and
experience with cGMP documentation, spreadsheets and software
* Pharma or biotech experience highly preferred.
* Consistent record of producing an excellent work product with a
high degree of accuracy.
* Good work ethic, mechanical aptitude, and a desire to learn.
* Ability to multi-task effectively and to handle shifting
priorities in a fast-paced, highly regulated manufacturing
* Effective written and social skills.
* Attention to detail and the ability to follow written and verbal
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000+ extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us to contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Bend , Sr. Formulation Technician, Professions , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!