Senior Learning and Development Generalist
Company: PacificSource Health Plans
Posted on: August 19, 2019
The Senior Learning and Development Generalist is responsible for
the instructional design, development, delivery and evaluation of
learning solutions to support organizational development,
performance and engagement at all levels of the organization. They
are also responsible for collaborating with staff, subject matter
experts, and leadership to develop or oversee development of
courses and training materials that enhance the competencies of
employees at all levels and align with the strategic efforts of the
- Plan, organize, and schedule learning events offered to the
organization. Maintain and publish training calendars and
communicate to organization. Manage the logistics of learning
events to include, but not limited to, IT coordination, scheduling
speakers, catering, venues, printed materials, and
- Prepare, print and organize training materials for learning and
development sessions. Manage course rosters in the Learning
Management System. Proactively communicate course events,
expectations, and follow up to participants and leadership.
- Design learning content based on accepted principles of
andragogy. Conduct ongoing research on business and educational
practices to enhance the learning experience and organizational
- Contribute to current and future development of online learning
events, to include the development of the Learning and Development
website, online-hosted programs, and required annual corporate
- Facilitate and deliver training programs for technical and
professional development to support performance management,
leadership and organizational development, and technology/learning
- Assess, evaluate, and analyze training results for classroom
delivery, eLearning and blended learning formats. Track and report
results for use by organizational leadership, and department
- Collaborate with all levels of leadership regarding job family
competencies and provide coaching, consultation, assessment,
diagnosis on career, skill, and performance issues. Propose action
plans to meet individual, departmental, and organizational
- Plan, prepare and deliver the Customer Connection
- Plan, prepare and deliver the Leadership Connection
- Plan, prepare and deliver the LEAD programs.
- Plan, prepare and deliver ancillary learning events, which
include but are not limited to team building events, employee
retreats, organizational development, and leadership coaching and
- Assist with the planning, preparation and delivery for the
Manager, Team Leader and Trainer regular meetings. Supporting
- Meet department and company performance and attendance
regulations concerning confidentiality and security of protected
- Models and encourages PacificSource values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel to various PacificSource office sites to
deliver training.Work Experience: At least 5 years of relevant
Learning and Development experience to include organizational
design, instructional design, online learning experience, and
delivery of training content. Experience in a service environment
is preferred. Education, Certificates, Licenses: Requires BA/BS
degree in Training and Development, Education, Psychology,
Communications, Human Resources, Business Administration or
equivalent. Master Degree in related field is preferred.
Certifications that add value to the learning and development work
are preferred. Knowledge: Strong knowledge of adult learning
theory, use of ADDIE methodology, proficient in Microsoft Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiar with eLearning technologies, such
as Articulate Storyline or Captivate. Excellent
facilitation/presentation skills. Excellent customer service,
interpersonal and communication skills. Strong public speaking
skills with the ability to engage learners throughout training and
learning opportunities. Ability to manage and adapt to change and
deal with ambiguity. Competencies Our Values
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Building Trust
- Continuous Improvement
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Work Standards
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for our customers' experience.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to
foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our
communities-internal and external.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, continuous improvement,
and the pursuit of excellence. Environment: Work inside in a
general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment.
Travel is required approximately 30-40% of the time. Physical
Requirements: Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods
of time while performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to
include typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of
files and business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both
written and spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively.
Diversity and Inclusion: PacificSource values the diversity of the
people we hire and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse
environment and fostering a workplace in which individual
differences are appreciated, respected and responded to in ways
that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this position and is
subject to change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted
as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Employment remains AT-WILL at all times. PacificSource is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to status as a
protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or
other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Keywords: PacificSource Health Plans, Bend , Senior Learning and Development Generalist, Other , Springfield, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!