Material Control Specialist
Company: The Wonderful Company LLC
Posted on: July 3, 2019
We are currently seeking a dynamic, creative problem-solver to
strengthen our production and supply chain capabilities. With a
variety of chemistries underpinning our expanding product
portfolio, producing the right pheromones at the right time will
require tradeoffs between staffing, plant capacity, raw material
availability and storage constraints. The Material Control
Specialist will provide the insight, organization and analysis to
support the production plans that meet our business needs.
The position requires a strong combination of analytical skills,
production knowledge, and contingency planning, and a high
proficiency with data, detail and cross-functional communication.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to power the growth of
our business as we leverage our new plant assets enter new markets
and to launch new products.
- Adjusting suggestions from the Enterprise Resource Planning
(ERP) system to satisfy other constraints such as lab testing
capacity, storage constraints, logistics efficiencies or supplier
- Generating proposals for optimizing our balance of capacity
utilization, space, inventory and scheduled downtime.
- Highlighting potential shortages in material or space and
working with the broader team to identify solutions.
- Combining constraints on time, material and staff into a
comprehensive, agreed production schedule for every shift.
- Generating batch orders in the ERP system for all ChemOps
production. Issuing Batch Sheets and Batch Process Records for
commercial production use.
- Generating picking lists to ensure FIFO and FEFO.
- Ensuring that trials and deviations still align with safety,
quality and SCM requirements.
- Working with the production team to ensure non-inventoried and
consumable supplies are available for production use.
- Providing instruction and ad hoc documentation for issue
- Inspection records for increased QC or equipment
- Unique placards for identifying material, locations or
- Process descriptions for tracking material, staging waste or
recording production disruptions.
- Defining storage locations and picking logic for raw
- Ensuring the correct receipt of inventoried materials and
consumable supplies used in ChemOps.
- Allocating and tracking raw materials to ensure FEFO,
environmental compliance, and quality traceability.
- Defining and managing the program for controlling inventory,
including labeling, placards and cycle counts.
- Posting production results in our ERP system.
- Determining the approach for posting consumption of materials
in new formulations or experimental trials.
- Reporting progress of Key Performance Indicators with respect
to the production plan daily.
Managing Items and Offerings
- Managing Items and Formulas in the ERP system to properly
represent the recipes for each ChemOps product.
- Managing work centers, routes, scrap levels and item
characteristics to properly represent manufacturing capabilities
and to drive production scheduling and material requirement
- Providing support for projects and studies for new products and
Other Important Duties:
Supply Chain Project Support
- Enhancing the use of ERP by providing training to new team
members and providing feedback on new initiatives.
- Leading updates to planning and inventory management that
affect the structure of manufacturing and supply chain activities
in the ERP system.
A lot of enthusiasm, passion and excitement for what we do at
Suterra. The ability to interface with project leaders and drive
critical, strategic initiatives to success. The successful
candidate will interface daily with a number of cross-functional
teams and will collaborate at multiple levels of the organization
to generate solutions.
As well as:
- An ability to work cross-functionally and to serve as the
interface between Manufacturing and ChemOps.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ability to present ideas
and issues in a clear, quantified manner.
- Three to five years of experience in one or more roles in
engineering, quality control, manufacturing, supply chain
management or related fields.
- Experience with lean manufacturing disciplines and continuous
- Previous experience with ERP systems and an interest in
becoming a subject matter expert in our ERP system, Microsoft
Dynamics AX 2012.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems while mitigating risks
to resources and deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork at multiple levels and across multiple
functions of the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7
online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to
donate company money to a cause of your choice.
Suterra is the world's leading provider of biorational products for
crop protection and commercial pest control. The company is
dedicated to the research, development and commercialization of
environmentally-friendly products using naturally occurring
compounds such as pheromones.
Suterra is growing rapidly and investing aggressively in support of
new product development. Suterra's parent company, The Wonderful
Company, has invested over $80 million in a modern, state-of-the
art facility in Bend, Oregon to synthesize active ingredients and
manufacture proprietary dispensing technologies.
Suterra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for
advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: The Wonderful Company LLC, Bend , Material Control Specialist, Other , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!