Radiologic Technologist Redmond OR
Company: Interpath Laboratory
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Praxis Health - Desert Orthopedic is looking for a top-notch
X-Ray Technologist, with outstanding people skills to perform
diagnostic radiologic (x-ray) examinations on patients of all ages,
for subsequent evaluation and treatment by the attending physician.
Qualified candidates will have a collaborative, team spirit and a
willingness to support the needs of our patients as well as the
goals of the job and the team. Must be able to establish and build
rapport with clients to best serve their medical needs. In this
role, you will work in collaboration with the healthcare team to
provide exceptional patient care. We are excited to share with you
a short video that shows why the Praxis Health family is so
special. Please click here: Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am -
5pmOccasional coverage needed until 7pm and 1-2 weekend on-call
days per month. Benefits:We offer a competitive wage and benefits
package, and on top of this, you will work with a talented group of
providers, professionals and co-workers who are dedicated to the
highest standards of quality care. The family of providers within
the Praxis Health values those we provide for and we value our
employees. We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision with In-Network & Custom Network
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Free clinical diagnostic laboratory testing performed in
houseEssential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing
personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other
persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing
preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's
instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs;
maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing
explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning
patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into
specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing
radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices,
patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols
in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media,
administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following
established standards and procedures; developing radiographs;
observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Monitor and identify patient care needs and respond
- Provide patient education at an appropriate level for each
- Maintain open communication with the physicians and other staff
- Complete test results, assuring quality standards are achieved,
and provide to physicians in a timely manner. Able to generate a
- Follow safety procedures in compliance with OSHA and state
health department guidelines.
- Recognize basic equipment malfunction and contact the Technical
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Reliable attendance and presence at work.Education and/or
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Satisfactory completion of ARRT/OBMI certification examination
with current license.
- Two (2) years of experience in radiology imaging preferred, but
- Maintain continuing education as specified by the American
Registry of Radiologic TechnologistsPraxis Health is a family of
medical groups providing high quality healthcare throughout the
state of Oregon. Our community-based clinics are the DNA of our
business, providing better medicine, advocacy for our patients, and
a satisfying and collaborative culture for our providers and staff.
The Praxis family approach is dynamically different than other
healthcare companies in Oregon. We are not big box health care, but
rather a company of small groups and clinics, of nimble
micro-cultures that can quickly adapt to industry changes, as well
as patient needs. We have been serving communities across the
beautiful and adventurous state of Oregon for over 50 years! And we
are pioneers and thought leaders in the industry. Our commitment to
innovative and operational excellence has allowed us to create
healthcare solutions that are both cost-efficient and cutting edge.
Come see how healthcare is done right!Physical Demands: While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk. The employee is occasionally required to
site and stoop, kneel or crouch the employee must regularly lift
and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. You will
be responsible for assisting patients, of varying weights, onto the
imaging table. Work Environment: May have exposure to patients with
communicable diseases as well as exposure to CRTs and UV rays from
computers. This position involves an inherent potential for mucous
membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or for
a potential spill or splashes of same. Every employee is required
to use appropriate protective measures and to strictly adhere to
all safety guidelines and protocols regarding Blood Borne Pathogens
precautions. Radiation hazards exist in this occupation, and you
are responsible for minimizing the exposure through the use of lead
aprons, gloves, and other shielding devices, as well as by wearing
a radiation monitoring exposure instrument. EOE
Disabled/VeteranPraxis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Interpath Laboratory, Bend , Radiologic Technologist Redmond OR, Other , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...