COOK - Shari's of Bend
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Reports To: Manager or Supervisor on Duty Position Summary: A cook
contributes to the success of Shari s by executing tasks required
to prepare all menu items with emphasis on quality, appearance,
speed, portioning and food safety. Ensure that kitchen area,
walk-in, storage area; prep bakery area and freezer are clean,
sanitary and well organized. Essential Functions: To perform the
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential function satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities
listed below are those that must be met successfully to perform
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform an essential function.
- Practice excellent health, food safety and sanitation
- Operate cooking equipment such as the grill, fryer, broiler,
mixer, oven and steam table.
- Set up station according to restaurant standards.
- Memorize and follow all Shari s standard recipes, cooking
procedures and plate set-ups.
- Prepare orders as requested by the guest according to Shari s
- Prepare Shari s pies to specific recipes ensuring the highest
- Learn new menu items and limited time offers as
- Work effectively with managers, servers, dish machine
operators, fellow cooks.
- Call servers for timely delivery of food when orders are
- Handle returned plates quickly and efficiently.
- Prepare food items for later use by weighing, measuring,
portioning and thawing to specific standards.
- Maintain product rotation system to ensure quality and
- Assist with food deliveries to include checking product for
quality and placing products in appropriate storage areas to ensure
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of
kitchen, walk-in cooler and all food storage areas.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including proper hygiene
and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to take over
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as
requested by the manager at any time. Shift Lead Duties: for those
individuals designated as "Shift Lead" personnel, the following
duties also apply:
- Cover for assistant managers while they are on a meal
- Set up shift using the FOH and BOH logs, make station
assignment and print prep sheets.
- Supervise food production and guest service according to Shari
- Handle guest complaints on shift and make the General Manager
aware of any concerns.
- Check team member sidework and deep cleaning assignments.
- Oversee training that is scheduled on your shift.
- Understand Shari s application process and provide information
to candidates who inquired about applying.
- Report team member performance issues to your General
- Ensure that company policies as stated in Shari s handbook are
upheld and incidents are properly reported on your shift.
- Properly complete shift and daily accounting responsibilities.
Follow Shari s Security and Banking Procedures and Shari s Cash
- Other duties as assigned by your General Manager. PERSONAL
- Must take pride in every plate prepared.
- Able to take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and the ability to
memorize recipes and plating standards.
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time
- Language Ability - Ability to read, write, speak and understand
English well. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability - Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers to
include weights, measures and inventory for recipes and setting
pars. Ability to perform these operations using US weight
measurement and volume.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in
- Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive
and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers
and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits - Ability to obtain and maintain a state applicable
food handler s card. WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties
if this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near
moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of
this position the employee is required to stand for 2 hours at a
time, up to 6-8 hours per day. Employee is required to walk for 2
hours at a time, up to 1-2 hours per day. Employee will be able to
sit approximately every 2 hours. Employee continuously will be
performing hand and wrist work including grasping. Employee will
frequently bend and twist, push and pull and reach above the
shoulder. Employee will occasionally kneel or squat. The position
will seldom require fine hand manipulation or climb/stairs.
Employee will continuously lift or carry 0-10 pounds and
occasionally lift or carry 11-20 pounds and rarely lift 21-35
Keywords: Shari's, Bend , COOK - Shari's of Bend, Other , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!