Patient Service Rep - Surgery Scheduler - GI Department (Full-Time - Bend, Oregon)
Company: Bend Memorial Clinic
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Essential Job functions:
- Responsible for greeting patients/family, scheduling patient
appointments, scheduling hospital and ambulatory
admissions/procedures. Ensure appropriate action was taken in a
- Answer the telephone promptly and dealing with callers needs
expediously. Directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate
message and delivers to the appropriate individual. Demonstrates
appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Schedules future appointments, tests, and completes referrals
as ordered by the physician.
- Maintains communication resources, i.e. on-call schedule, MD
phone numbers and beeper numbers.
- Prepares charts for new patients assuring all required forms
are placed appropriately in the chart. Converts from temporary to
permanent record before close of the day.
- Requests medical records and performs chart preparation to
provide physician with all information needed for visit prior to
the actual exam, evaluation, procedure, or treatment. Prints
minimal medical records information needed from electronic record
if chart is not available
- Reconciles encounters daily according to policy and
- Monitors supply inventory, completes and directs requisitions
for supplies, forms, equipment or services.
- Performs various clerical duties including faxing,
photocopying, filing and mailings.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information; maintains
confidentiality according to policies
- Accurately completes any/all necessary forms for the
- Respects patient's rights by knocking on the door, calling
patient by name and identifying self before entering the patient's
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with
physicians and nursing staff Protects the privacy and
confidentiality of patients and employees.
- Communicates any problems, equipment concerns or issues
promptly to the Nurse Manager.
General Job functions:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of booking and scheduling
inpatient, outpatient and special procedures.
- Arranges for specialty equipment/ services.
- Interacts with outside vendors / contracted services.
- Demonstrates understanding of submission of necessary documents
- Verbalizes procedure for collection of pre-admission testing
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of insurance and
- Arranges types and distributes schedule.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment.
- Provides training to other office staff.
- Logs surgical procedures.
- Maintains scheduling system. Demonstrates working knowledge for
rescheduling and canceling procedures.
- Verbalizes customer service skills to alleviate patient
- Demonstrates customer service skills when communicating with
- Collates and submits information.
- Communicates repair orders to appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates good judgment in scheduling procedure to increase
- Demonstrates understanding of fire safety and emergency
- Other job duties as required.
- Chemicals, Chemotherapy and Fumes
- Loud noises
- Extreme temperatures
- Confined spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Magnetic fields
- Combative Patients/Visitors
- Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non-intact
skin, or tissue specimens.
- Contact with patients or patient specimens are possible.
Unplanned or unexpected exposure.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training
- High School Graduate or GED required. Associate Degree
- Previous PSR experience preferred. Previous office experience
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must
have accurate computer data entry skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in
a timely manner.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Basic proficiency in computer use required. Previous experience
with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment
- Experience with EHR, Practice Management System and
Departmental/Ancillary Systems preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items,
taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place
on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending,
- Travel to satellite locations for meetings
"SUMMIT believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to our overall success. That contribution should not
be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job
description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications
and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor SUMMIT to just the
work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will
offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure
the success of our endeavors."
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate
Outstanding growth opportunities
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
401K plan with company matching contribution
Cash Bonus Programs
Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful
Other Perks & Discounts
Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using
- Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does
not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed,
gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
(including transgender status), national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and
applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or
communications. Our Company will never request personal information
via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will
never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other
personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of
potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at
select Our Company locations during regular business hours only.
For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams
or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.
Keywords: Bend Memorial Clinic, Bend , Patient Service Rep - Surgery Scheduler - GI Department (Full-Time - Bend, Oregon), Other , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!