Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Cardiology
Company: St. Charles Health System
Posted on: June 13, 2021
ST. CHARLES HEALTH SYSTEM
TITLE: SCMG Advanced Practice Provider (APP) -Cardiology
REPORTS TO POSITION: SCMG Chief Medical Officer (or
DEPARTMENT: St. Charles Heart & Lung Specialists
DATE LAST REVIEWED: April 15, 2019
OUR VISION: Creating America's healthiest community,
OUR MISSION: In the spirit of love and compassion, better
health, better care, better value
OUR VALUES: Accountability, Caring and Teamwork
DEPARTMENTAL SUMMARY: The St. Charles Heart & Lung Specialists
clinic contains the subspecialties of Non-invasive Cardiology,
Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, Cardiothoracic
Surgery and Structural Heart. Together, these specialists deliver a
complete patient centered program of care for patients with cardiac
conditions. The program delivers care in the outpatient setting
throughout Central Oregon and inpatient hospital care at the St.
Charles Bend campus.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The SCMG Cardiology Advanced Practice
Provider is responsible for providing Cardiology services in the
inpatient and outpatient setting. Provides both inpatient and
outpatient care that includes daily rounding, orders, post-op
instructions and discharge summaries, clinic consultations and
post-operative office visits.
The Cardiology team will work in collaboration with other
medical specialties to assess and manage patients following
established standards and practices.
Work schedule: Provider will work a minimum of 40 hours per week
with a minimum of 36 hours patient contact time
Duties include a blend of hospital rounding, admitting,
discharges and scheduled clinic visits. This includes clinical
documentation and all other necessary duties.
Each week consists of a combination of:
Call expectation: Cardiology APP has no call responsibility
outside of work hours.
Work location: Physician's inpatient work location is St.
Charles Bend Hospital with clinic in the Bend Heart & Lung Center
and agreed upon Heart & Lung Specialist outreach clinic.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: (May perform additional duties
of similar complexity within SCHS as required or assigned)
- Examines, diagnoses, and provides a broad scope of treatments
for cardiac disease processes
- Performs patient examinations, obtains and records pertinent
medical history, subjective, and objective findings.
- Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory, imaging, and
other diagnostic procedures.
- Utilize appropriate risk calculators as a part of assessment
for patients and is familiar with new studies, emerging technology
and medications beneficial to the patients being treated.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine diagnosis, and
- Administers and prescribes medications in compliance with state
law and practice guidelines.
- Orders appropriate medical procedures in accordance with State
law and practice guidelines.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and
- Educates patients regarding health, illness prevention, and
healing. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other
pertinent information, documenting clearly and concisely.
- Triages patient telephone calls, providing consultation as
- Communicates effectively with colleagues, patients, physicians,
- Maintains quality of clinical practice by selecting appropriate
avenues for professional growth.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the
organization, as required or assigned.
- Document all patient care within the Electronic Medical Record
(EMR) and complete all necessary tasks in compliance with health
system policies and regulatory agencies to ensure timely and
- Be familiar with the SCHS organization structure.
- Participate in SCMG physicians meetings and assist in policy
formation for SCMG and Physician's practice.
- Keep medical knowledge and skills current through regular CME
activity. Must attest to having adequate (CME) to meet maintenance
of board certification and compliance with MSO rules and continuing
privileges without restriction.
- Keep all licenses and appropriate certifications current and
- Maintain active privileges at St. Charles Health System
hospitals sufficient to permit performance of job duties.
- Participates in creating a healing environment that supports
all aspects of the care environment and the wholeness of each
individual, patient and caregiver.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers,
patients and guests. Conducts all activities with the highest
standards of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Delivers first-rate customer service and/or patient care in a
manner that promotes goodwill, and is timely, efficient and
accurate, and courteous.
- Educates, counsels, and assists patients and families regarding
current health problems, health maintenance activities and
- Provide a therapeutic presence in service to others by
purposefully responding to the needs of patients/customers in a
caring way. This includes introducing oneself and stating your
purpose, asking the patient their preferred name, spending time
with the patient to determine their care goals, active listening,
and using skillful communications (appropriate touch, eye contact,
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and
procedures, supporting the health system's corporate integrity
efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting
known or suspected violations of applicable rules, and cooperating
fully with all health system's investigations and proceedings.
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner or
Physician Assistant course of study and certification as
appropriate to the incumbent's license.
- Complete annual fire/safety, etc. education in-services as
- Attend mandatory educational offerings as described in SCHS
policies/procedures and/or as required by other regulatory
- Complete annual CME as required to maintain license and
appropriate Board certification.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned Computer Based Learning
- Unrestricted Physician Assistant and/or Nurse Practitioner
licensure in the state of Oregon.
- Physician Assistant requires NCCPA certification. Nurse
Practitioner requires AANC, NCC or AANP, AMCB certification. If
Physician Assistant, ability to establish and maintain a Practice
Agreement with a Supervising Physician through OMB.
- Unrestricted Federal DEA number registered in Oregon.
- Unrestricted ability to participate in Medicare / Medicaid, or
other federal or state governmental health care programs.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to meet SCHS driving
- Current ACLS certification required.
- Additional certifications may be required based on privileges
granted to provider by Medical Staff Services at SCHS Inpatient
- Experienced in hospital and outpatient practice environments
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills to effectively
interact with a diverse population and professionally represent St.
Charles Health System.
- Experience working in a team environment and proven ability to
collaborate, manage facilitation and consensus building among
health care professionals and agencies to achieve expected
- Experienced in Cardiology care
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) required to perform the job safely.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to
interact with a diverse population and professionally represent
- Strong team working and collaborative skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, written and oral communication
and customer service skills, particularly in dealing with stressful
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Electronic Medical
- Intermediate in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel).
Schedule Weekly Hours:
Is Exempt Position?
NURSE PRACTIONER SCMG, PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT SCMG, REGISTERED
NURSE PRACTITION EX
Scheduled Days of the Week:
Shift Start & End Time:
Keywords: St. Charles Health System, Bend , Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Cardiology, Other , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!