Company: Summit Medical Group
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Essential Job functions:
- Responsible for answering patient phone calls and making
outbound phone calls to schedule appointments according to
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information; maintains
confidentiality according to policies:
- Patient demographics
- Pre-registration of patients
- Insurance contracts and coverage
- Other data fields as needed
- Ensures accuracy in placing orders in the electronic health
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the insurance grid for all
- Adheres to workforce maximization schedule.
- Answers phones immediately and demonstrates ability to transfer
calls with the highest customer service possible. Consistently
provides the highest level of customer service when interfacing
with patients, co-workers and other SMG departments.
- Achieves a minimum call standard as pre-determined by
department goals. Maintain 90% or higher call quality
- Works as a team member demonstrating respect of the
individuals, supportive and helpful towards co-workers and
- Maintains a clean and professional work environment.
- Establish and maintains a positive working environment at all
times acts as a brand ambassador for all SMG providers and
General Job functions:
- Responsible for scheduling patient appointments in
multi-specialty, multi-location environment.
- Accurately recommends physicians and schedules into more than
18 medical specialties with individual scheduling criteria for 100+
- Responsible to identify and coordinate the required medical
test prior to seeing a physician for a physical examination or to
bring a patient in fasting.
- Creates patient orders in the electronic health record with
correct diagnostic codes for physicians review for laboratory and
- Coordinates diabetes focused visits which include identifying
and scheduling required diabetic labs, identifying correct
diagnostic codes for diabetic orders and also identify if an
ophthalmology or podiatry appointment is required.
- Coordinates appropriate patient appointments for the SMG
outcome initiative which is tied to physician dashboards.
- Must be able to identify WC/MVA insurance cases for referral to
a case coordinator.
- Perform patient account upgrades including demographics, health
insurance, referring provider and PCP.
- Must be knowledgeable and conversational in all health
insurances that are par or non-par with SMG.
- Adheres to the call center schedule while being accountable to
follow specific call quality guidelines and measurements.
- Reviews any outstanding monies due to SMG when scheduling
- Must be comfortable with daily extensive computer use
navigating multiple applications while engaging in conversations
with patients or clinical office staff.
- Confined Spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Combative patients/visitors
Education, Certification, Computer and Training
- High School Graduate/GED required.
- 2 years customer service experience required.
- 2-4 years related experience preferred
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely
manner required. Strong attention to detail required.
- Previous office and computer experience required. Experience
with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy
Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Required to wear a headset.
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending,
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate
Outstanding growth opportunities
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
401K plan with company matching contribution
Cash Bonus Programs
Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful
Other Perks & Discounts
Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and
does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion,
creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression (including transgender status), national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and
Safety Disclaimer Our Company cares about the safety of our
employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for
job searches or communications. Our Company will never request
personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email.
Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money,
banking or other personal information prior to the in-person
interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking.
Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during
regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit,
or file a complaint at
Keywords: Summit Medical Group, Bend , Appointment Scheduler, Other , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!