Enterprise GIS Administrator
Company: City of Bend
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The City of Bend is actively recruiting for one (1) full-time
Enterprise GIS Administrator (Senior Information Systems Analyst).
This opportunity is represented by City of Bend Employees
Association (COBEA) Represented and FLSA exempt from overtime.
The position is housed within the Office of Performance
Management, whose vision is to transform the City of Bend into a
data-informed organization through enterprise data management,
analytics, and continuous improvement. We are constantly striving
to deliver robust solutions that are both innovative and
sustainable to meet the evolving needs of the organization and
The Enterprise GIS Administrator provides advanced journey
technical services using the Esri platform. This position is
responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of
complex or enterprise-scale geodatabases, enterprise data models,
automation scripts, and applications. In this role, you won't just
be working behind the scenes, but collaborating with business units
and technical team members to understand their needs. You'll
recommend how to achieve desired results, whether through complex
analysis, data integration, application development, or data
visualization techniques, then execute projects from concept to
The successful candidate will have extensive, hands-on
experience with Esri GIS software including ArcGIS Enterprise,
ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online. Experience with programming and
expression languages such as Python, Arcade, and SQL are also
desired. Our ideal candidate will have strong communications skills
to convey technical information to non-technical staff, and a
commitment to excellent customer service.
- Competitive compensation ($73,941 - $94,370 annually)
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday, and
- City-paid Oregon PERS retirement
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Retirement Account (HRA) funding with a VEBA
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- A value-based intentional culture that invests in your personal
and professional growth
To be considered for this position,applicants must have a
complete application that includes all of the following items:
- The online application viaNeoGov(access also available on City
of Bend website under Human Resources/Job Openings)
- Attached formal Cover Letter (required)
- Attached formal Resume (required)
- Attached valid Credentials,Certifications and Licensing (if
Applicants must provide certification that they are a veteran or
disabled veteran to receive veteran's preference. For more
Applications received by Friday, April 9, 2021 (04/09/2021) at
12:00 pm (noon) PDT will receive preference for initial review, but
position shall be Open Until Filled. The City of Bend is committed
to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and
inclusion. At the City of Bend, we don't just accept differences;
we value them. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and
support the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA).
Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Functions Include:
The information provided below encompasses the essential
functions and capabilities linked with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the
following work-related activities.
- Provides user support for data management systems, including
training, troubleshooting, implementation of system upgrades and
modifications, and related process and mapping improvements to
improve usability and better support department needs.
- Maintains regular and substantial contact with others outside
own workgroup, including the general public, vendors, partners, and
leadership level employees. Contacts usually involve discussions
and/or resolving problems related to policies and programs or the
exchange of highly complex or confidential information; substantial
sensitivity, discretion and cooperation required; usually follow-up
action is needed.
- Responsible for making budgetary recommendations related to
area of responsibility, including GIS software, hardware, and data
- Develops standard and ad hoc reports, particular with respect
to advanced reporting needs such as multi-data source reports.
- Identifies and recommends database, system design and
technology at a department, multi-department, program, or
- Performs statistical and GIS data integration and analysis in
support of strategic department, interdepartmental, and city-wide
- Develops process models, data standards, and maintenance cycles
to ensure data integrity and analysis efficiency.
- Designs and produces static and online cartographic products
for internal and public audiences.
- Builds relationships with individuals, workgroups, consultants,
and organizations to coordinate the exchange and use of data to
achieve mutual operational efficiencies.
- May serve on citywide committees that guide data governance and
- Complies with safety requirements of the position and actively
promotes safe work practices.
- In an emergency event or an officially declared State of
Emergency, responds as directed to ensure the restoration of
essential public services, facilities and infrastructure.
- Other related duties as assigned.
This position is a non-management position and does not
encompasses supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
The individual in this position is expected to possess and
exhibit the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant systems technology,
administration, analysis and design principles, including
statistical and geospatial; SQL language; area-specific systems
knowledge, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain working knowledge of statistical and GIS data
integration including analysis to support of strategic city-wide
- Maintain budgetary proficiency to advise on revenues, expenses,
and budgetary status and processes.
- Communication, interpersonal skills and relationship building
skills as applied to workgroups, consultants, coworkers,
supervisors, the general public and other stakeholders sufficient
to exchange or convey information to coordinate the exchange and
use of data to achieve mutual operational efficiencies.
- Prepare, read, analyze and interpret policy documents as well
as complex financial reports and statements supported by
statistical data and other documentation.
- Manage a high volume of tasks at one time, including organizing
and prioritizing own work.
- Work independently with minimum direction while also working as
part of a team and collaborating with others.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail.
- Maintain working knowledge of software programs such as
Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and
other interactive computer programs as well as cooperating common
Education, Experience, Certifications and/or Licenses
The following are the minimum qualifications for this
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or
university in geographic information systems, computer science,
math, surveying, geography, public administration or a related
field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as
outlined in this job description.
- 6 years' of professional-level systems analysis experience in a
similar position and/or performing similar tasks.
- Current and valid Driver's license per City policies outlined
in the Employee Handbook.
Diversity & Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
The City of Bend is committed to fostering, cultivating and
preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. At the City of
Bend, we don't just accept differences; we value them. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and support the Americans with
Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA) and the Oregon Equal Pay
Keywords: City of Bend, Bend , Enterprise GIS Administrator, Other , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!