Suterra is grower-owned and part of The Wonderful Company, an
international agribusiness and consumer products company with over
180,000 acres of nuts, vines, citrus and fruit crops. Our products
use naturally occurring compounds such as pheromones. These
ingredients are non-toxic, leave no harmful residues on food and do
not leach into soil or groundwater. Come help us make the world a
better place. Naturally.
We are hiring a Materials Handler to join us in Bend, OR
Here's what you'll do:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Safely operate process equipment using computerized control
- Follow standard operating procedures to comply with our high
standards for safety and accuracy.
- Monitor and analyze equipment and process activity to
accurately document process conditions.
- Physically maneuver production equipment manually and using
- Understand mathematical principles to accurately measure and
handle bulk chemicals.
- Apply Quality Assurance techniques to assess intermediate and
- Work as a part of a responsible, self-directed team with
minimal supervisory presence.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment, including
- Read and interpret diagrams and drawings of process components
- Work 12-hour days, 3-4 days each week, which will generally
include weekend days, with quarterly rotations through day/night.
Overtime rate paid after 10 working hours/day.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Related industrial or manufacturing background or similar
experience (such as military experience, farm work, breweries,
- High school diploma or equivalent; advanced education is
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to be productive and safe in a 24/7 work environment on
Our products are non-toxic to humans and animals, leave no
harmful residues on plants or in the soil, do not contaminate
ground water and do not disrupt beneficial insect populations.
Suterra's products are used on over three hundred thousand acres,
and across six continents, around the globe.
Click to see where you would work!
Wonderful's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7
online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars,
and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate
company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and
mindful meditation classes
Suterra is the world's leading provider of biorational products
for crop protection and commercial pest control. The company is
dedicated to the research, development and commercialization of
environmentally-friendly products using naturally occurring
compounds such as pheromones.
Suterra is growing rapidly and investing aggressively in support
of new product development. Suterra's parent company, The Wonderful
Company, has invested over $80 million in a modern, state-of-the
art facility in Bend, Oregon to synthesize active ingredients and
manufacture proprietary dispensing technologies.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected