Advanced Practice Provider Certified Nurse Midwife
Company: St. Charles Health System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ST. CHARLES HEALTH SYSTEM
TITLE: Certified Nurse Midwife
REPORTS TO POSITION: SCMG Chief Medical Officer (or
DEPARTMENT: SCMG Clinic
DATE LAST REVIEWED: 4/16/2021
OUR VISION: Creating America's healthiest community,
OUR MISSION: In the spirit of love and compassion, better
health, better care, better value
OUR VALUES: Accountability, Caring and Teamwork
The SCMG Center for Women's Health has a mix of physicians,
certified nurse midwives, women's health nurse practitioners, and
psychologist. The office provides full spectrum women's health
services. We are the only primary CNM practice currently practicing
through SCHS and providing certified midwifery care to a large
central Oregon catchment area.
Work schedule: Full time schedule includes three outpatient
clinic shifts and either one 24-hour call shift or one outpatient
clinic shift and two 24-hour call shifts per week. Midwife will
work minimum of 30 hours per week in the clinic setting with 27
hours of patient contact time and a minimum of one day a week on
call at the Bend hospital.
Call expectation: Family Birthing Center call will be equitably
distributed throughout the year
Work location: Primary work location will be in Redmond for
outpatient services. Midwives also participate in the rotation to
our outreach locations in Prineville, Bend, Sisters and other
locations as developed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: (May perform additional duties
of similar complexity within SCHS as required or assigned)
- Practice and role model excellence in the care domains of
diagnosis, aligning treatment goals to patient values, definitive
treatment, supportive care treatment, follow-up care, promote good
health, and prevent illness.
- Practice midwifery within the scope of license, training, and
credentialing. Cooperate with other SCHS physicians and caregivers
to ensure optimal patient care.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care
while demonstrating expert knowledge of evidence-based, Obstetric
and Gynecologic care.
- Collaborate with other members of the Obstetric and Gynecologic
care interdisciplinary team and referring providers to ensure a
world-class patient experience.
- Calculate dosages and administers medications accurately in
accordance with SCHS policies and procedures for medication
- Document all patient care in the proper form and in a timely
manner in compliance with hospital policies and regulatory
- Deliver first rate customer service and patient care in a
manner that promotes goodwill, and is timely, efficient, accurate,
- Proportionately share in after-hours call with other CNMs.
- Keep midwifery knowledge and skills current through regular
continuing education activity. Must attest to having obtained 60
hours of Category 1 continuing medical education (CME) relevant to
the practitioner's current medical practice over the prior two-year
- Assists in obstetrical and/or gynecologic surgery with
documentation of appropriate training.
- Admit patients, manage labor, and attend deliveries at St.
Charles Medical Center Bend with CNM partners and OB Hospitalist
- Provide patient care, including prenatal care, at St. Charles
Center for Women's Health locations.
- Schedule to include weekday, weekend, holiday, and night
- Full time schedule includes three outpatient clinic shifts and
either one 24-hour call shift or one outpatient clinic shift and
two 24-hour call shifts per week.
- Saturday, Sunday and holiday call will be equitably distributed
throughout the year
- Perform physical exams, collect and documents data, manage
labor and spontaneous delivery, conduct diagnostic and therapeutic
procedures, order and schedules laboratory studies and professional
consultations, and prescribe appropriate interventions and
- Collaborates with and acts as liaison among the nurse, patient,
family, physician, and community resources for coordination of
- Actively pursues knowledge and skills for professional
- Active participant in High Risk OB meetings and OB Section
- Document all patient care within the Electronic Medical Record
(EMR) and complete all necessary tasks in compliance with health
system policies and regulatory agencies to ensure timely and
- Be familiar with the SCHS organization structure.
- Participate in SCMG physicians meetings and assist in policy
formation for SCMG and Physician's practice.
- Keep medical knowledge and skills current through regular CME
activity. Must attest to having adequate (CME) to meet maintenance
of board certification and compliance with MSO rules and continuing
privileges without restriction.
- Keep all licenses and appropriate certifications current and
- Maintain active privileges at a St. Charles Health System
hospital sufficient to permit performance of job duties.
- Participates in creating a healing environment that supports
all aspects of the care environment and the wholeness of each
individual, patient and caregiver.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers,
patients and guests. Conducts all activities with the highest
standards of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Delivers first-rate customer service and/or patient care in a
manner that promotes goodwill, and is timely, efficient and
accurate, and courteous.
- Educates, counsels, and assists patients and families regarding
current health problems, health maintenance activities and
- Provide a therapeutic presence in service to others by
purposefully responding to the needs of patients/customers in a
- This includes introducing oneself and stating your purpose,
asking the patient their preferred name, spending time with the
patient to determine their care goals, active listening, and using
skillful communications (appropriate touch, eye contact,
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and
procedures, supporting the health system's corporate integrity
efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting
known or suspected violations of applicable rules, and cooperating
fully with all health system's investigations and proceedings.
- Successful completion of a graduate level Nurse Midwifery
program that is recognized and certified through the American
College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM).
- Complete annual fire/safety, etc. education in-services as
- Attend mandatory educational offerings as described in SCHS
policies/procedures and/or as required by other regulatory
- Complete annual CME as required to maintain license and
appropriate Board certification.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned Computer Based Learning
- Unrestricted Federal DEA number registered in Oregon
- Unrestricted ability to participate in Medicare / Medicaid, or
other federal or state governmental health care programs.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to meet SCHS driving
- Current BLS and NRP certification required.
- Additional certifications may be required based on privileges
granted to provider by Medical Staff Services at SCHS Inpatient
- Unrestricted Oregon APRN and RN license.
- Current CNM board certification from the American Midwifery
- Experience using EMR (Electronic Medical Records) software
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills to effectively
interact with a diverse population and professionally represent St.
Charles Health System
- Experience working in a team environment and proven ability to
collaborate, manage facilitation and consensus building among
health care professionals and agencies to achieve expected
- Five years of clinical experience as a CNM.
- Epic EMR software experience
- Familiarity with the centering model of care/group prenatal
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) required to perform the job safely.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to
interact with a diverse population and professionally represent
- Strong team working and collaborative skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, written and oral communication
and customer service skills, particularly in dealing with stressful
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Electronic Medical
Intermediate in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel).
Schedule Weekly Hours:
Is Exempt Position?
Scheduled Days of the Week:
Shift Start & End Time:
Keywords: St. Charles Health System, Bend , Advanced Practice Provider Certified Nurse Midwife, Other , Redmond, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!