Medical Assistant - Oncology (Bend, Oregon)
Company: Bend Memorial Clinic
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Essential Job functions:
- Prepares the examination room. Escorts patient into the room.
Cleans examination room when exam is complete.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares
pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural,
spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
- Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner. Directs calls
and/or takes accurate messages.
- Schedules appointments accurately and appropriately according
to departmental guidelines.
- Consistently and accurately stocks examination rooms with all
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the
Supervisor and/or Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight
accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in
- Reviews and updates medication list and accurately documents
known allergies in the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Demonstrates
an understanding of prescription control and prescription refill
- Accurately documents allergies in EHR.
- Facilitates transition of care to UCC/Hospital.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a
timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking in EHR.
General Job Functions:
- Responsible for assisting physician, PA or NP with clerical
duties, patient flow, patient care and procedures.
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules.
- Other duties as required.
- Chemicals, Chemotherapy and Fumes
- Loud noises
- Extreme temperatures
- Confined spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Magnetic fields
- Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non-intact
skin, or tissue specimens
- Contact with patients or patient specimens are possible
- Unplanned or unexpected exposure.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training
- High School Graduate /GED recipient or diploma from vocational
or technical school. Associate Degree preferred.
- Please be advised that all Summit Health Medical Assistants are
required to obtain and maintain a MA Certification. Acceptable
certification options are: CMA, RMA, or Oregon State EMT/Paramedic.
If not already held, appropriate Certification is required to be
obtained within 12 months of start date to ensure continued
- BLS certification.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to deal with difficult personalities.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely
- Basic proficiency in computer use.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Experience with patient care equipment preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items,
taking frequency into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place
on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending,
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed.
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate
Outstanding growth opportunities
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
401K plan with company matching contribution
Cash Bonus Programs
Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful
Other Perks & Discounts
Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using
- Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does
not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed,
gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
(including transgender status), national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and
applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or
communications. Our Company will never request personal information
via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will
never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other
personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of
potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at
select Our Company locations during regular business hours only.
For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams
or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.
Keywords: Bend Memorial Clinic, Bend , Medical Assistant - Oncology (Bend, Oregon), Other , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!