ASCOCC Director of Financial Affairs *Student Position Only*
Below you will find details for the position including any
supplementary documentation and questions you should review before
applying for this opening. To apply for this position, please click
the Apply for this Job link/button.If you would like to bookmark
this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you
would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click
on the Print Preview link.
Please see Special Instructions for more details. THIS
RECRUITMENT IS HIRING FOR COCC STUDENT ONLY.Note that you may be
required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this
posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are
acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the
applicant to upload all required documents, including
transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human Resources
Posting Number: 06001741
Position Title: ASCOCC Director of Financial Affairs *Student
Posting Date: 07/07/2020
Open Until Filled (notes):
Length of Position: Temporary, For Academic Year
Anticipated Start Date:
Position Type/Employee Class: Temporary PT Hourly
FTE: Salary Level: Monthly Stipend
Starting Pay Range
Hours per Week: 12 hours per week
Work Schedule: Work Schedule May Vary
Days of the Week: Scheduled Days May Vary
Manage ASCOCC accounts payable, receivable, purchasing and
1. Assists the President with annual budget planning process
2. Reconcile ASCOCC accounts on a monthly basis
3. Process and manage monthly payroll
4. Perform a monthly audit report and retain fiscal oversight of
5. Coordinate Student Organization and program funding with
Student Affairs Coordinator
6. Abide by all sections of ASCOCC’s Constitution, By Laws, and
Policies and Procedures.
7. Be able to function effectively in an office environment.
8. Regularly attend ASCOCC Council Meetings and Quorums.
9. Represent the Students of COCC ethically, responsibly, and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to make mistakes, learn from them, and improve their
self in the process.
2. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in
3. Must be able to represent the ASCOCC in a positive,
4. Must be able to interact with a diverse set of individuals
and groups representing a variety of backgrounds.
5. Must be able to plan and work successfully with minimal
6. Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time.
7. Must be able to use computer, internet, e-mail, phones, and
basic computer software including Microsoft Excel.
Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:
Working hours are regular per the established work schedule.
Computer screen is used more than 50 percent of the time. All
individuals are required to be able to perform the essential
functions with or without reasonable accommodation. ASCOCC will
accommodate ADA requirements to perform job duties.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
It is the policy of the Central Oregon Community College Board
of Directors that there will be no discrimination or harassment on
the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin,
ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status
or any other protected classes under Federal and State statutes in
any educational programs, activities or employment. Persons having
questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should
contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resources
In support of COCC’s EEO statement, employees with bilingual
fluency in English and Spanish is a plus, along with experience
working in a diverse multicultural setting.
1. Must have a minimum COCC cumulative 2.0 GPA
2. Must maintain a minimum six (6) COCC credits
1. Past experience working in an office environment.
2. Experienced with accounting and bookkeeping
Special Instructions to Applicants:
THIS RECRUITMENT IS HIRING FOR COCC STUDENT ONLY .
Note that you may be required to upload/create the required
documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the
responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents,
including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human
Resources at 541-383-7216.
Is a Criminal History Check required? Yes
Is a Credit History Check Required? No
Open Until Filled Yes
Supplemental Questions Required fields are indicated with an
* What is your highest level of education? No High School
Diploma or GED
High School Diploma or GED
Professional Certification or License (not a degree)
Bachelors Degree in Progress
Masters Degree In Progress
Ph.D. in Progress
Other Doctorate Level Degree
* Background checks are required for all employees of COCC.
Should an offer of employment be made to you and accepted by you,
you will receive an email from COCC / HireRight Screening
requesting your consent and basic information to complete the
check. The offer of employment will be conditional upon
satisfactory completion of the criminal background check. Confirmed
findings on a criminal background check will not automatically
disqualify you from being hired into a position. Results are
evaluated on a case-by-case basis, considering the job
responsibilities and other risk factors. Additional information
regarding COCC’s criminal history check policy can be found online
in the General Procedures Manual, Section HR-2-1. Please indicate
here if you will provide consent to the criminal history check when
requested by the College: Yes, I will provide my consent when
No, I will not provide my consent when requested
* Are you a U.S. military veteran? (COCC provides qualifying
veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. To
receive veterans preference in this recruitment process, you must
upload your DD214 or DD215 form as supporting documentation. You
will have the opportunity to upload the document in the next step
of this application process.) Yes, I am a veteran
No, I am not a veteran
If you have identified yourself as a qualified veteran or
disabled veteran by submitting your DD214 or DD215 form as proof of
veteran status, please describe any transferable skills earned
during your military service that you feel relate to the
requirements/preferences of this position. (Open Ended
* Are you enrolled or planning on enrolling in at least 6
credits through COCC this term? Yes
* Is your cumulative COCC GPA at 2.0 or above? Yes
Can you demonstrate at least one year of leadership experience?
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents Resume/Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
College Transcript 1 (unofficial)
College Transcript 2 (unofficial)
US Military DD 214
Other Document 1
Other Document 2
Other Document 3
Other Document 4
Other Document 5
License or Certification
Bend, OR 97703