OSP Field Engineer - Telecom
Company: TrueNet Communications, a Fujitsu Company
Posted on: November 15, 2021
TrueNet Communications is currently seeking OSP Fielders in
Oregon to facilitate construction projects and activities with our
clients. The typical schedule is M-F during normal business hours
with some flexibility dependent upon business needs.
The OSP (Outside Plant) Fielder is responsible for gathering the
necessary field information regarding aerial, buried, or
underground OSP telecommunications cables and associated facilities
for facilitating the design of work orders to place new network
cables, utility poles, hand holes, terminal cabinets, etc., or to
rearrange or modify the existing network.
Essential Position Functions:
- Locate, sketch, and document detail information of OSP
facilities: cables, poles, ground structures, terminals, manholes,
- Acquire the necessary field information, record verifications,
document preparation, required to prepare work order construction
- Take detailed, measurements, notes, and photos of the proposed
telecommunications network construction locations, cable routes,
and equipment site.
- Complete field surveys, ROW (right of way) drawings, asset
documentation, etc. to determine best routes for construction.
- Compile data required for the preparation of plans or work
- Complete field notes and send them to the appropriate design
team and/or management.
- Perform tasks such as walkouts, inspections, testing, etc. as
- Collect pole data for attachments and/or pole loading as
- Perform any research as requested by the company/customer.
- Adhere strictly to safety guidelines and requirements.
- Follow guidelines set forth by the customer.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have 2+ years' experience as an OSP Fielder or similar and
relative engineering experience.
- Strong knowledge of the NESC (National Electric Safety Code);
Telecom construction specifications required.
- Demonstrated ability to make field decisions on
constructability of plans required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize industry tools;
such as measuring wheels, height sticks, pull finders, MH/HH hooks,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Intermediate ability with Windows operating systems.
- Intermediate ability with Microsoft office applications -
Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and
in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong
attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Frequent walking/note taking in extreme hot or cold
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and holidays if
- Must use ladders as needed
- Travel locally between work sites, customers premises
- Be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management,
peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those of a standard office environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up to 75% travel required.
- The work environment is that of being in the field and limited
time in the office environment.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with
- Ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays if
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age or veteran status.
TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA),
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to
work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor
visas for this position (H1B, etc.).
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and
specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and
telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support
communications infrastructure for our clients across North America.
Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in
a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries,
excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: TrueNet Communications, a Fujitsu Company, Bend , OSP Field Engineer - Telecom, IT / Software / Systems , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!