Technical Services Administrative Assistant
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Technical Services Administrative AssistantBelow you will find the
details for the position including any supplementary documentation
and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To
apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job
link/button.If you would like to bookmark this position for later
review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a
copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview
link.Bookmark this Posting -Print Preview -Apply for this JobPlease
see Special Instructions for more details.Note that you will be
required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this
posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are
acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the
applicant to upload all required documents, including
transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human Resources
at 541-383-7216.Posting DetailsApplication InstructionsPlease read
carefully before applying:You must provide all information
requested on the application form (resumes will not be considered
as a substitute for the application). Initial screening by Human
Resources for minimum requirements is based on your APPLICATION
ONLY (supporting documents will not be reviewed during initial
screening). Incomplete applications will not be considered by
hiring committees. You will have an opportunity to upload
supporting documents for committee consideration during this online
application process.Position InformationPosting
Number:06001675Position Title:Technical Services Administrative
AssistantPosting Date:01/08/2020Closing Date:02/09/2020Open Until
Filled (notes):Length of Position:12 months per yearAnticipated
Start Date:February 2020Position Type/Employee
Class:ClassifiedFTE:1.0 FTESalary Level:Classified Salary Level
18Starting Pay Range$19.44 to $23.71 plus exceptional benefitsHours
per Week:40 hr/wkWork Schedule:8:00am - 5:00pmDays of the
Week:Monday - FridayJob Summary/Purpose:Serve as primary support
for all college technology purchasing, including ensuring that
proper state and college purchasing procedures are followed.
Maintain and advance Ellucian Banner Mobile and act as a subject
matter expert for the Mobile software application module. Provide
Staff, Faculty, and Students with functional support. Responsible
for coordinating with other departments on ITS technical training
for new employees. Assist with ITS Business Support and Process
Improvement projects to ensure department efficiencies. Manage
hardware inventory and warranty processes. Manage license tracking
and renewals for all software purchases. Provide general office and
administrative support for the Information Technology Services
Department. Coordinate and manage TAC, NPET and TRT committee
meetings, communications and process workflows. Provide phone
support for incoming helpdesk calls and ensure unresolved issues
are escalated appropriately to ensure callers receive a quick
response.Terms of Employment: This is a full-time (1.0 FTE, 40hr
week) 12-month non-exempt position at grade level 18 in the
Classified Appendix schedule. Requires flexible work schedule,
which may include evenings and/or weekends as well as travel
throughout the district when needed. Requires the provision of
official transcripts upon hire. Upon hire, must pass criminal
and/or driving history; only information relevant to the position
will be considered.Essential Functions:Purchasing and Fiscal
- Process all hardware and software technology purchases for the
- Coordinate and complete annual capital technology purchases for
- Obtain vendor quotes for supported technology purchases as
- Proactively work with ITS budget administrators on budgets to
ensure they are not overspent.
- Work closely with Fiscal Services to understand and follow
proper procedures and policies for processing invoices and purchase
- Maintain accounting records and ensure proper use of department
- Prepare routine reports and budgetary information for
Department Budget Administrators.
- Serve as the primary staff member responsible for developing
and maintaining up-to-date documentation on technology purchasing
processes and procedures.Ellucian Mobile Application
- Maintain and advance Ellucian Banner Mobile and acting as a
subject matter expert (SME) for this software application.
- Under the direction of the CIO, make informed decisions
regarding additional COCC Mobile application functionality based on
technical compatibility, product releases, and best practices.
- Serve as a collaborative liaison between Ellucian Mobile
Development Workgroup and COCCs Web Developers.
- Assist with decisions regarding maintenance, upgrades, testing,
validations, and changes related to COCC Mobile application
software and functionality.
- Coordinate implementation of the COCC Mobile Notification and
Events modules with stakeholders.
- Facilitate user groups to determine future COCC Mobile staff
and student needs.
- Collaborate with staff, faculty and students to compile and
analyze software usage data.
- Assist with custom development and implementation of new module
- Serve as Chair of Mobile Advisory Workgroup meetings.
- Coordinate marketing of COCC Mobile app, campus roadshows,
documentation, and training.Functional Support
- Provide Staff, Faculty, and Students with Tier 1 technical
support for:a. Computer hardware failures.b. Audio-visual systems
and phone system issues.c. Software Application issues and how-to
questions.d. Create Helpdesk Tickets when required.e. Assist with
escalating issues to appropriate technical staff.f. Ensure work
stoppages are resolved promptly.g. Assign/manage Helpdesk
- Test new software releases and patches as needed.
- Provide support, coordinate and lead supplemental training
sessions for new software releases.
- Provide Tier 1 technical support on various software
applications, including Banner, Argos and Dynamic Forms.New Hiring
- Coordinate new hire ITS technical training with Human Resources
and department supervisors for faculty as well as Classified and
- Identify and address the unique software needs of each
department during training.
- Assist new employees with email account use, phone setup,
network storage, Bobcat Web, ENS updates and software application
account creation.ITS Business Support and Process Improvement
- Create and maintain business workflow process
- Proactively maintain campus software licensing renewals.
- Maintain compliance with the COCC Microsoft Campus software
- Manage technology accounts in accordance with college and ITS
policy and procedure to ensure network security.
- Create COCC ID numbers for dual-enrolled students.
- Responsible for Directory updates for hires, terminations and
- Assist staff, faculty, and students with account management and
password reset requests.General Department Support
- Provide administrative support to CIO, Directors, and
- Order and maintain office supplies, as needed.
- Provide support, scheduling and documentation of department
meetings and committee (Technology Advisory, NPET and TRT)
- Maintain existing department web pages and recommend updates or
new content as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and projects as they pertain to the
overall objective of the position.
- Process department mail when received.
- Serve on College committees, pending approval by the
CIO.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Individuals must possess the
listed knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and
demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions
of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some
other combination of skills and abilities. The incumbent is
expected to follow College work rules and policies.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality at all
- Must be able to exercise a high level of professionalism, tact,
- Ability to prioritize purchasing and office support duties in a
high volume environment.
- Ability to obtain prices, clarify issues with vendors and
follow up on delivery issues, ensuring that proper accounts are
charged, that purchasing policy is followed, and the proper
signatures are obtained.
- Ability to determine system emergencies and either resolve or
determine when to interrupt system administrators to resolve. Must
be able to calm users who are having problems while referring their
need to the proper support person.
- Ability to provide and maintain a high level of customer
service for students, staff, and departments.
- Ability to learn new technology and software on a frequent
- Must be able to work effectively with vendors, student workers,
faculty, staff, and all other COCC departments.
- Must be able to use computers, printers, telephones, and other
standard office equipment.
- Must be able to complete related phone and voicemail
- Must have experience using a Microsoft Windows-based personal
computer, and most recent version(s) of Microsoft Office Suite,
especially Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision within a team
environment. Must be flexible and able to work in various COCC
campus locations away from the primary workstation, as needed.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and
be able to effectively and positively communicate with staff,
faculty, and administrators.
- Must be a self-starter, work collaboratively, highly motivated
and possess good judgment in identifying issues, stakeholders and
- Must be able to work positively and effectively in a team
- Must have (or be able to develop) knowledge of campus budgeting
cycle and procurement rules.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in
writing, using the English language with or without the use of an
- Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm and use a 10 key by touch.
- Must be able to demonstrate essential job functions outlined
- Ability to work cooperatively with and contribute to a diverse
workplace through ideas or experience.Physical Demands and Other
Ergonomic Requirements:Working hours are regular and generally 40
hours/week. Additional hours or schedule changes may be required
based on work requirements and/or staffing needs. Work is performed
in an ordinary office, mostly sitting with frequent computer use.
Travel to Branch Campuses occasionally required. Lifting of objects
under 50 pounds is required occasionally. Lifting of objects over
50 pounds may be required on an infrequent basis. Individual may be
exposed to noise and ventilation variances occasionally. All
individuals are required to be able to perform the essential
functions with or without reasonable accommodation.Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) StatementThe goal of Central Oregon Community
College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty,
staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of
this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College
that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of
age, disability, sex, martial status, national origin, ethnicity,
color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other
protected classes under Federal and State statutes in any
educational programs, activities or employment. Persons having
questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should
contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCCs Human Resource
office at 541-383-7216.In support of COCCs EEO statement, bilingual
fluency in English and Spanish is considered a plus, along with
experience working in a diverse multicultural setting.Minimum
- Associates degree in Office Administration, Business or related
- Three years of experience in general office assistant/support
work including familiarity with customer relations, advanced
computer use, purchasing procedures, bookkeeping/accounting, and
dealing appropriately with confidential information.
- One year of demonstrated experience with higher education
software systems and applications.The College recognizes the value
of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education
and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum
qualifications but present other qualifications or experience
equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged
to apply. To qualify under equivalency, applicants must indicate
how they qualify under equivalency by responding to the
supplemental question presented during the application
process.Necessary Special Qualifications: Must be able to acquire
and maintain Microsoft Office Certifications to be able to provide
Tier-1 phone support of those products for COCC employees within 12
months of the start date.Special Qualifications: Bachelors Degree.
Prefer knowledge of Ellucian Banner ERP. Prefer Associate Project
Management Certification. Work experience with community colleges,
school districts or public entitiesSpecial Instructions to
Applicants:Note that you will be required to upload/create the
required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the
responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents,
including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human
Resources at 541-383-7216.Is a Criminal History Check
required?YesIs a Credit History Check Required?NoOpen Until
Keywords: COCC, Bend , Technical Services Administrative Assistant, IT / Software / Systems , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!