Company: Worksource Oregon
Posted on: January 11, 2022
- Bachelor's degree and four years of experience in
- Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on
solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others
without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining
open to others ideas and contributing to building a positive team
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in
English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
students, parents, staff or members of the community. Ability to
read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest,
proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use database
software, accounting, internet software, e-mail, word processing
software. Ability to proficiently use the following programs
strongly preferred: Sunguard eFinance Plus, MS Word, and Excel.
Ability to type accurately and proficiently.
- Ability to appropriately communicate with diverse staff and
others including vendors and other agencies. Ability to exercise
good judgment and work in an environment with frequent
- Certificates as determined by the District including a valid
Oregon Driver License.
JOB SUMMARY:Under minimal supervision, the Payroll Specialist
performs technical and confidential accounting work using the
Districts Sunguard eFinance software for Human Resources/Payroll
and Accounting, and Absence Management and Time & Attendance
systems. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and
timely disbursement of all payroll checks, benefit payments, and
other related payments. Individual performs payroll processing
while efficiently managing daily work pressures. The position
requires constant concentration on a volume of work which must be
completed within a limited period of time and hard deadlines. The
Payroll Specialist responds professionally and expediently to
constant questions and requests from District employees and outside
customers by telephone and email and in-person.
- Perform full cycle of payroll processing, including but not
limited to the items that follow.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into District
- Compile and review Absence Management and Time & Attendance
reports and imported data to detect and reconcile payroll
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, leaves of
absence, transfers and resignations, to maintain and update payroll
- Receive, validate, calculate and remit garnishments on employee
- Prepare and file W-2 forms, state and federal tax payments and
returns, 1094-C and 1095-C forms, and certain salary surveys.
- Reconcile and pay vendor invoices for all employee and employer
- Maintain employee information in Public Employee Retirement
System (PERS) and Oregon Public Services Retirement System (OPSRP),
including reporting new hires, status changes, and terminations,
monitoring, balancing and submitting hours and contributions, and
responding to benefit verification requests.
- Research employee work history to determine PERS eligibility
and respond to requests for information from PERS
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a timely
manner including, but not limited to, the following: monthly US
Department of Labor Employment Stats, quarterly Federal 941 and
Oregon Quarterly, annual W-2s, annual Occupational Employment
Statistics (OES) Report and annual US Department of Commerce
- Compile requested information for annual financial and SAIF
Workers Compensation audits of payroll records.
- Submit annual employee census reports to employee associations
and insurance providers.
- Assist with fiscal year close and rollover of payroll and human
resources systems, including creation or modification and uploading
of employee salary schedules, work calendars, leave plans and
- Issue pay adjustments to pay related to previous errors or
- Keep informed about changes in payroll and deduction-related
District policy, District collective bargaining agreements, state
and Federal laws, and IRS and Oregon Department of Revenue
regulations that apply to the payroll process.
- Interpret policy, agreements, laws and guidelines in
non-routine and unclear situations and make independent decisions
as to the correct course of action.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and innovation of
payroll-related processes and procedures with a focus on creating
- Provide excellent customer service and information to employees
and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans and
collective bargaining agreement provisions.
- Setup and file documents and records according to predetermined
classifications, maintaining alphabetical index and cross
- Respond in a timely fashion to employment verification
- Answer telephone or e-mail inquiries and/or direct to
appropriate staff member.
- Maintain appropriate certifications and training hours as
- Comply with applicable District, state, local and federal laws,
rules and regulations.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of all personal
identifiable information (PII) to prevent theft of client PII
- Respect and secure confidential information and the privacy of
students and employees.
- Attend work regularly.
- Occasionally perform work beyond a standard 40-hour work week
when work-load requires.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Since the position requires working with matters of collective
bargaining, the employee is considered confidential under Oregon
HOURS: Full Time
WAGE: $23.07 - $30.35 per hour, DOQ
WORKSITE: North Bend, OR
ADDITIONAL NOTE: This is NOT a remote work position.by Jobble
Keywords: Worksource Oregon, Bend , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Antelope, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!