Company: Sage Health Center and Cascade Cancer Care
Posted on: November 27, 2019
Job DescriptionExciting opportunity to work with two integrative
naturopathic physicians in midtown Bend! We are looking for an
experienced Medical Assistant to provide direct care to patients
and assist both physicians. The current work schedule is
Monday-Friday, 32-40 hours/week, earliest 8:00am to 5:30pm
Why You'll Love This Job: Our clinic is small, personal, and
passionate. We provide true healing to patients and treat the root
causes of illness. Stretch your clinical skill set beyond the
ordinary into the expanded scope of an integrative medicine
What You Get To Do In This Role:
- Assist physicians with patient care in an integrative medicine
clinic, including: primary care, oncology, acupuncture, and
- Perform vitals and room patients
- Review and document patient medications, supplements,
allergies, chief complaints, and review of systems.
- Triage and chart clinical patient questions. Call patients to
check in on treatment plan adherence and response. Answer patient
questions about treatment plans, as per physician instruction.
- Explain treatment plans to patients.
- Remove acupuncture needles. Administer medical device therapies
(eg low level laser, transcranial electrical stimulation,
- Administer intramuscular, subcutaneous, and transdermal
injections. Educate patients in self-administration of injections
and use of a sharps container.
- Perform phlebotomy and process lab samples. Stock and manage
laboratory supplies. Fill out lab requisitions and explain lab
orders and kits to patients.
- Mix and label custom tinctures and homeopathics as per
- Set up and change over treatment rooms.
- Manage stock of medical equipment and supplies.
- Light cleaning such as wiping down surfaces, taking out trash,
laundry, sweeping, and vacuuming. Biohazard waste removal.
Administrative DutiesAdministrative duties as needed to provide
break, lunch, and time-off coverage for the clinic manager. These
administrative duties include:
- Answer phones and greet patients. Treat all patients and
vendors as valued guests.
- Schedule patient appointments. Manage clinic schedule for
- Respond to emails, patient portal messages, and tasks in
- Prepare EMR charts to ensure an efficient visit. Check that all
requested lab, imaging, referral, medical record, billing, and
demographic information is up-to-date.
- Verify insurance. Collect copays. Explain insurance benefits to
- File, order, and send medical records.
- Check patients in and out. Take payments using Quickbooks.
- Process lab, imaging, and referral orders.
- Update patient information in EMR including demographics and
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- At least 1 year previous medical assistant experience in a
clinic that used EMR and took insurance.
- Experience in taking vital signs, venipuncture/phlebotomy, and
- Strong computer skills. Ability to use multiple software
programs while assisting a patient.
- Time management, organizational, and problem solving skills
with the ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- Quickbooks experience desirable
- Current CPR certification. Current health records with the
appropriate immunization to work in the healthcare field (Hepatitis
B vaccine/titer, negative Tuberculosis test).
- MA certification through AMT or AAMA desirable.
Compensation: Competitive wage and benefits package DOE.
Let's talk! To apply, please reply to this ad via the link
provided. Please be sure to include your resume and a cover letter
explaining your interest in the position.
Our clinic offers a collaborative work environment, training and
development opportunities, and competitive pay. We are an equal
opportunity employer; applicants are considered for positions and
evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
military or veteran's status, sex or sexual orientation. Employment
offer is contingent upon passing a drug screen and criminal
Keywords: Sage Health Center and Cascade Cancer Care, Bend , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!