Inpatient Psychiatrist to join our caregiver team in Central Oregon
Company: St. Charles Bend Hospital - St. Charles Healthcare
Posted on: November 25, 2019
DEPARTMENTAL SUMMARY: Inpatient Behavioral Health provides care for
patients with mental health disorders. The department includes two
accredited psychiatric units, located in Bend. One is a separate 15
bed unit located adjacent to the hospital, the other is a five bed
unit off of the emergence department. Physicians and Advance
Practice Providers rotate between both locations and provide
consultation throughout other nursing departments within the Bend
POSITION OVERVIEW: Psychiatrist - Adult Inpatient provides
inpatient psychiatric care for the adult population. Such care
includes evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and documentation.
Coordinates medical, surgical, ancillary, nursing, and other
services to achieve the best and most cost-effective outcomes for
patients under his/her care. Provides consultation to inpatient
medical units and the Emergency Department as needed including
evaluation, diagnosis and documentation of all ages.
Work schedule: two weeks on duty, two weeks off duty
Call expectation: one week of on-call every four weeks
Work location: St. Charles Bend
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: (May perform additional duties of
similar complexity within SCHS as required or assigned)
Diagnose and treat disorders within Psychiatrist's chosen
- Manage acute and chronic psychiatric conditions.
- Participate patient education and promote patient
- Analyze reports and findings.
- Utilize and coordinate both on-site and referral based
ancillary services when appropriate.
- Order or execute various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images
to provide information on patient's condition.
- Order, prescribe, and/or recommend drugs and biologicals or
other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, sleep study, or
related therapeutic procedures. Document patient care in the proper
form and in a timely manner.
Promote good health and prevent illness.
Cooperate with other SCHS physicians and caregivers to insure
optimal patient care:
- Share after-hours call.
- Be available to furnish patient care services at all times the
unit is operating. Non-Clinical Responsibilities:
- Be familiar with the SCMG organization structure,
communications systems and billing process, completing billing and
coding documentation within time assigned by SCMG
- Keep all licenses and appropriate certifications current and
- Maintain active privileges at a St. Charles Health System
hospital sufficient to permit performance of job duties.
- Increase understanding and collaboration throughout the medical
community regarding provider's chosen specialty. Administrative
- Participate in SCMG provider meetings and assist in policy
formation for SCMG and provider practice.
- Participates in creating a healing environment that supports
all aspects of the care environment and the wholeness of each
individual, patient and caregiver.
- Participates in creating intentional relationships, and put a
high level of focus on attitudes and behaviors that enhance the
- Provide a therapeutic presence in service to others by
purposefully responding to the needs of patients/customers in a
caring way. This includes introducing oneself and stating your
purpose, asking the patient their preferred name, spending time
with the patient to determine their care goals, active listening,
and using skillful communications (appropriate touch, eye contact,
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers,
patients and guests.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of
professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable
laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the health
system's corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and
appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violations of
applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all health system's
investigations and proceedings. EDUCATION
- Graduation from an accredited college or university.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school.
- Successful completion of an accredited psychiatric residence
- Successful completion of additional educational programs
necessary to enable psychiatrist to acquire and maintain privileges
to perform the range of services contemplated. This includes board
eligibility/certification in the specialty being practiced.
Continuing Education & Competency:
- Complete annual fire/safety, etc. attend education in-services
- Attend mandatory educational offerings as described in SCHS
policies/procedures and/or as required by other regulatory
- Complete annual CME as required to maintain license and
appropriate Board certification.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned Computer Based Learning
modules. Preferred: N/A
- Must have current Oregon license as MD / DO.
- License to practice psychiatry in the state of Oregon or must
be eligible to become licensed within 18 months preferred
- Must be board certified or eligible in providers chosen
specialty. To be board certified or qualified to sit for the boards
in primary area of practice at the Hospital. Those applicants who
are not board certified at the time of application but who have
completed their residency or fellowship training are required to
become board certified within seven years of residency or
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet SCHS driving
- Maintain unrestricted DEA number.
- Maintain unrestricted ability to participate in Medicare /
Medicaid, or other federal or state governmental health care
- Current BLS certification required.
- If provider will practice sedation, moderate or deep, ACLS
certification is also required.
- Additional certifications may be required based on privileges
granted to provider by Medical Staff Services at SCHS Inpatient
- Experience in hospital and outpatient practice environments in
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills to effectively
interact with a diverse population and professionally represent St.
Charles Health System
- Experience working in a team environment and proven ability to
collaborate, manage facilitation and consensus building among
health care professionals and agencies to achieve expected results
- At least two years of experience in inpatient psychiatric care
following residency training
- Epic EMR software experience PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) required to perform the job safely. GENERAL
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to
interact with a diverse population and professionally represent
- Strong team working and collaborative skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, written and oral communication
and customer service skills, particularly in dealing with stressful
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Electronic Medical
- Intermediate in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel).
Keywords: St. Charles Bend Hospital - St. Charles Healthcare, Bend , Inpatient Psychiatrist to join our caregiver team in Central Oregon, Healthcare , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!