Lab Processor Bend OR
Company: Interpath Laboratory
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Are you ready to join a fun, friendly, and family-oriented
team!? We are looking for a FT medical assistant to join our team
at Desert Orthopedics. If you have a great attitude, love a
fast-paced work environment, and care about patients, we're willing
to train you!
We are excited to share with you a short video that shows why the
Praxis Health family is so special. Please click here:
Qualified candidates will have a collaborative, team spirit and a
willingness to support the needs of our patients as well as the
goals of the job and the team. In this role, you will work in
collaboration with the healthcare team to assist
physicians/providers in the delivery of exceptional patient
- Must have an aptitude to learn and love to work in the field of
- Must be someone who thrives in a busy, fast-paced
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, be highly
organized, and detail oriented
- Experience with electronic medical records is a plus We are
also accepting applications from qualified Certified Nursing
Assistants (CNA's), EMT's, and Licensed Practical Nurses
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, and on top of
this, you will work with a talented group of providers,
professionals and co-workers who are dedicated to the highest
standards of quality care. The family of providers within the
Praxis Health values those we provide for and we value our
- Medical, Dental, Vision with In-Network & Custom Network
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Free clinical diagnostic laboratory testing performed in
- Strong performance and attendance may result in a six-month and
annual pay increase! Essential Job Functions:
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may
include checking schedules and organizing patient flow;
accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as
needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens,
preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing
screening per provider guidelines; assisting providers/nurses with
various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to
patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include
sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray
reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing
forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying
insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and updating
charts to ensure that information is complete and filed
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may
include setting up instruments and equipment according to
department protocols; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments,
and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control;
keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies;
and restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills the organizations responsibilities as assigned
including; respecting and promoting patient's rights; responding
appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to
patients and or staff with immediate supervisor.
- Fulfills medical scribe duties as assigned that may involve
remaining in the exam room alongside the provider and providing
accurate, relevant documentation within the electronic medical
record; thoroughly documenting the medical visit and procedures
along with the chief complaint, medical history, physical exam,
past surgical history, patient education and explanation of risks
and benefits, provider dictated diagnoses, prescriptions and
- Fulfills clinical Medical Assisting responsibilities that vary
according to state law, which may include medical/surgical asepsis;
checking vital signs or measurements; physical examination
preparations, clinical pharmacology; drug administration through
various routes including injections; prescription verifications
with physician's orders; applying dressings and suture removal; bio
hazard waste disposal and monitoring; therapeutic modalities;
instructing patients with assistive devices, body mechanics and
home care; laboratory procedures including Occupations Safety and
Health Administrations (OSHA) guidelines; quality control methods;
CLIA-waived testing; specimen handling such as urine, throat,
vaginal, stool, and sputum; emergency triage and first aid. Medical
Assistants must adhere to the MA scope of practice in the
- Reliable attendance and presence at work. Education and/or
- High School diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Medical Assisting diploma from an accredited vocational
institution, a community college program in medical assisting.
- Appropriate certificate indicating passing grade for specific
specialty if working in specialty departments; e.g., pediatric
medical assistant exam.
- Minimum one year of recent experience working in a medical
facility as a medical assistant and or documented evidence of
externship completed in a medical office preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical office or hospital setting
- Experience with Electrocardiogram (EKG), taking vital signs,
venipuncture, capillary and giving injections. Other Requirements:
- Current BLS certification preferred.
- Current health records with the appropriate immunization to
work in the health care field (Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis).
Praxis Health is a family of medical groups providing high quality
healthcare throughout the state of Oregon. Our community-based
clinics are the DNA of our business, providing better medicine,
advocacy for our patients, and a satisfying and collaborative
culture for our providers and staff.
The Praxis family approach is dynamically different than other
healthcare companies in Oregon. We are not "big box" health care,
but rather a company of small groups and clinics, of nimble
micro-cultures that can quickly adapt to industry changes, as well
as patient needs.
We have been serving communities across the beautiful and
adventurous state of Oregon for over 50 years! And we are pioneers
and thought leaders in the industry. Our commitment to innovative
and operational excellence has allowed us to create healthcare
solutions that are both cost-efficient and cutting edge.
Come see how healthcare is done right!
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel,
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, crawl, bend and twist as
needed. Requires walking on non-level surfaces, inside and outside
the office, throughout the day.
- W ork Environment: Combination of medical office and
exam/procedure room settings. OSHA Category
This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body
fluids and/or tissues. All employees performing these duties are
offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination
Praxis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Interpath Laboratory, Bend , Lab Processor Bend OR, Healthcare , Culver, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!