Behavioral Health Navigator, High Lakes Health Care, Cultus Lake
Company: Interpath Laboratory
Posted on: September 17, 2023
High Lakes Health Care, of Praxis Health, is seeking a motivated
team-player to work as a Behavioral Health Care Navigator (BHN) on
our primary care behavioral health team. This is a full time
position with an excellent benefits package. We're seeking an
individual who works well with people and has a strong work
The Behavioral Health Navigator works as a care coordinator and as
a provider extender that guides patients through and around
barriers in the complex healthcare system.
We are excited to share with you a short video that shows why the
Praxis Health family is so special. Please click here:
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Benefits: We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, and on
top of this, you will work with a talented group of providers,
professionals and co-workers who are dedicated to the highest
standards of quality care. The family of providers within the
Praxis Health values those we provide for and we value our
- Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts
- No Laboratory Charges for In-House Testing Essential Job
- As a health professional, the Behavioral Health Navigator will
provide support to overcome obstacles faced in accessing or
receiving services needed to maintain well-being &
- BHN will provide practical support services to patients with
complex medical and mental health conditions, frail patients,
and/or patients facing homelessness or other stressors.
- Main function of this position is to facilitate patient's
access to services that will increase better health outcomes.
- BHN will care coordinate for primary care patients and will
assist in assessing the treatment needs of patients, determines the
appropriate level of care and coordinates complex demographic,
insurance and behavioral health clinical information.
- Identifies behavioral health services requiring insurance
verification and initial insurance authorization for treatment and
ensures required authorizations are in place.
- Communicates and coordinates all pertinent collateral clinical
information to the specialist and facilitates the
communication/coordination between, Behavioral Health Consultant
(BHC), specialist and Primary Care Provider (PCP).
- Assisting Behavioral Health Consultants with scheduling
- Administrative duties including but not limited to: answering
phones, attending to voicemails, triaging patients, scheduling, and
entering health information in the electronic medical record
- Assist Behavioral Health Consultants in care planning and
follow up with patients
- Responsible for identifying general social determinants of
health resources in the community, maintain a database, and assist
patients in connecting with resources.
- Maintain data on number and types of referrals and will gather
and maintain data on successful referrals.
- Reliable attendance and presence at work. Education and
- Entry level
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in medical setting preferred
- Strong understanding of cultural competency with patient
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office software
- Exposure and comfort working in medical setting, with medical
and psychiatric issues Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to the mission of care coordination and
de-stigmatizing and promoting access to BH services
- Passionate, trustworthy, and empathetic when working with
- Ability to build relationships with different types of people,
including clients, organization members, and health care
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to
speak concisely to clients and team members
- Organized with confidential client material and appointment
- Flexible and adaptable in response to changing client and
health care providers' needs
- Interest in working with patients with chronic health problems
and behavioral health needs
Praxis Health is a family of medical groups providing high quality
healthcare throughout the state of Oregon. Our community-based
clinics are the DNA of our business, providing better medicine,
advocacy for our patients, and a satisfying and collaborative
culture for our providers and staff.
The Praxis family approach is dynamically different than other
healthcare companies in Oregon. We are not "big box" health care,
but rather a company of small groups and clinics, of nimble
micro-cultures that can quickly adapt to industry changes, as well
as patient needs.
We have been serving communities across the beautiful and
adventurous state of Oregon for over 50 years! And we are pioneers
and thought leaders in the industry. Our commitment to innovative
and operational excellence has allowed us to create healthcare
solutions that are both cost-efficient and cutting edge.
Come see how healthcare is done right!
- Manual dexterity for office machine operation including
computer and calculator; stooping, bending to handle files and
supplies, mobility to complete errands for deliveries, or sitting
for extended periods of time.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, crawl, bend and twist as
needed. Requires walking on non-level surfaces, inside and outside
the office, throughout the day.
- Stress can be triggered by multiple staff demands and
- Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent
contact with staff and patients. EOE Disabled/Veteran
Praxis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Interpath Laboratory, Bend , Behavioral Health Navigator, High Lakes Health Care, Cultus Lake, Healthcare , Prineville, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!