The Massage Therapist administers professional massage and body
treatments to our guests. They must have a thorough knowledge of
numerous massage modalities, possess a general understanding of
body treatments and be willing to train in our spa's specific
massage and body treatment offerings. They must possess excellent
communication skills and be able to learn the product and service
knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to
meet the needs of our guests. They must hold and maintain a current
Oregon Massage license.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and
perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in
accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification
- Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to
assist with cost controls.
- Perform prep work, properly clean and restock room as
- Handle guests' questions and concerns professionally and
- Possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff
meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operations as requested by
- Answering the Spa phone with proper phone etiquette.
- Full knowledge of the Spa menu and able to verbally explain each
- Full knowledge of massage and body treatment protocols.
- Competent in massage techniques & modalities, such as: Swedish
and deep tissue massage, prenatal and hot stone, plus aromatherapy
- Ability to perform, body scrubs/wraps, chair massages and
comfortable working with various skin conditions and providing
thorough muscle & body consultations.
- Massage therapists are required to restock the back closet with
linen and towels.
- Massage therapists are required to maintain appropriate amounts
of client intake forms and soap notes.
- Massage therapists are required to attend at least one outside
function providing chair massage.
- Massage therapists are required to keep the massage chair and hot
stones in sanitary condition.
- Ability to retain product knowledge and upsell clients with
retail product and in room services.
- Excellent people skills, including confident customer
- Help promote The Spa by traveling around the Pronghorn property
and visiting with guests & members at the pool, golf and patio
seating to advertise/market The Spa.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- Must possess patience and a sincere appreciation for children of
all ages with ability to communicate ideas and suggestions in a
variety of forms.
- Must possess all currently required Massage Therapist licenses
- Must have knowledge and experience with all basic and advanced
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
State of Oregon Licensed Massage Therapist
Local travel may be required often depending on season.