Lab Technician - Product Development
Posted on: September 11, 2023
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline Industries has
more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90
countries. Recently named one of the nation's "Best and Brightest
Companies to Work for," this position will be based out of our
Redmond, OR location. To maintain this enviable position and
continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline ReNewal is one of Medline Industries' fastest growing
divisions and is a single use medical device (SUD) commercial
reprocessor. We collect used SUDs from healthcare facilities
nationwide at our newly expanded facility in Redmond, Oregon and
remanufacture them to meet or exceed the performance specifications
of a new original equipment device. This in return helps with
reducing waste from landfills while also giving the healthcare
industry a more cost efficient way to use their medical products to
help them run better. Watch this quick video to learn more:
Lab Technician will work in a fast paced and dynamic product
development and implementation team. We are looking for a candidate
that has experience/exposure in a manufacturing environment and is
comfortable wearing many hats. Medline has a strong culture of
collaboration and teamwork. The right candidate will be an
effective communicator and be proven to deliver results.We are
growing rapidly and doubling the size of our plant. We need
candidates who are curious about how products work, challenge the
status quo, and demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset. Are
you ready to join our elite team of problem solvers?Here are some
of the job duties:
- Responsible for becoming a device expert with intimate
knowledge on identification, processing, and testing.
- Key member in supporting engineering efforts to obtain 510k
product clearances with the FDA.
- Self manages daily schedule while juggling multiple
- Effectively communicates with team members in coordinating the
use of laboratory equipment.
- Maintains and records the cleanliness and inventory levels in
- Accountable for reviewing, writing, and maintaining technical
documents (SOP's, PCR's, TJ, Deviations).
- Acts as a key subject matter expert in transferring skills and
knowledge during production implementation.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities (LEAN,
Kaizen) that document objective/measurable improvements.
- Attends and contributes to weekly staff and project review
- Reads, understands, and accurately executes approved
- Accurately records cycling test parameters and results on PCR's
and maintains orderly project files.
- Responds promptly to daily e-mail requests/needs from the
organization.Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work
environment with strong growth potential, a competitive
compensation package, and a complete benefits package including
medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match.
And much more!Qualifications :Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience with the related fields: product
testing and evaluation, laboratory technician, product repair,
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting
automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered
page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding
developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting
comments and/or creating a mail merge).Nice to haves but not
- Associates degree in health sciences, biology, or technical
- 1+ years of manufacturing or laboratory experience
- Experience in an FDA, or other government regulated
- Relevant college coursework in communications, technical
writing, laboratory procedures, engineering, manufacturing, design
or other relevant courses.COVID-19 Vaccination
- Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in
this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This
position will require the successful candidate to provide proof
that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an
equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable
accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated
for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local
Keywords: Medline, Bend , Lab Technician - Product Development, Healthcare , Redmond, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!