Community Care Dental Assistant - Travel Role
Company: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Position is based in Central Oregon. Travel required. Covers
Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook counties regularly - occasionally
Lake, Grant and Harney counties.
JOB SUMMARY:Supports Regional Community Expanded Practice Dental
Hygienist (RCEPDH) with a variety of field service hygiene work.
Provides administrative data entry support for Regional Community
Expanded Practice Dental Hygienist and assists in assembly and
breakdown of mobile hygiene materials.PRIMARY JOB
- Prepare patient for treatment.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments.
- Set up instrument trays.
- Select and hand instruments to hygienist during dental
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of
- Suction patient's mouth.
- Assist RCEPDH with sealants, fluoride and other preventive
- Help maintain inventory of preventative materials.
- Assemble toothbrush kits.
- Conduct weekly spore test to ensure proper instrument
- Data enter outreach requests into company notification and
- Organize administrative paperwork and related data including
positive returned consents, treatment information, dental database
data entry (ADIN) and any other documentation required to record
- Instruct patients on oral hygiene and plaque control
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Post dental procedures performed.
- Attend office training and meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent
organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability
to prioritize workload.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense
- Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and
capable of supporting a team to achieve successful results.
- Maintains confidentiality discretion.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to
achieve business objectives.
- Willing to grow and be challenged.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- On the job training or Certification in Dental Assisting as
required by state.
- Current CPR or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication
- Proficiency in basic Windows software applications.
- Proficiency in typing and data entry.
- Prior experience in a dental clinic environment, dental
assisting, public health outreach or combination is preferred.
- Continually (75% or more): Sitting; keyboard operation; use of
clear and audible speaking voice; ability to hear normal speech
level in person and over telephone.
- Frequently (50%): Standing and walking; grasping/squeezing;
lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 1-25 pounds.
- Occasionally (25%): Bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching
overhead; lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 25-50 pounds.
- Rarely (10%): Climbing stairs, climbing ladder/step-stool
(varies by area); crawling; operation of a motor vehicle
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such
as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and or loud noises.
- Moderate Physical activity; requires handling average-weight
objects up to 15-20 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than
4 hours per day. Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require
- Work Environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.TRAVEL:
- Travel is a regular duty of this position, and will be required
between 30%-65% to the time depending on region and community
outreach activities.The specific statements shown in each section
of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They
represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully
perform this position.** In accordance with DentaQuest's Compliance
Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with
applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical
standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to
manager or DQ's Compliance Officer. **DentaQuest's Affirmative
Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable
accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of
otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special
disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue
hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human
Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
Keywords: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center, Bend , Community Care Dental Assistant - Travel Role, Healthcare , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!