Radiologic Technologist, Desert Orthopedics - East Bend
Company: Interpath Laboratory
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Desert Orthopedics - East Bend, part of Praxis Health, is
looking for a top-notch Radiology Technologist, with outstanding
people skills to perform diagnostic radiologic (x-ray) examinations
on patients of all ages, for subsequent evaluation and treatment by
the attending physician. Qualified candidates will have a
collaborative, team spirit and a willingness to support the needs
of our patients as well as the goals of the job and the team. Must
be able to establish and build rapport with clients to best serve
their medical needs. In this role, you will work in collaboration
with the healthcare team to provide exceptional patient care.
We are excited to share with you a short video that shows why the
Praxis Health family is so special. Please click here:
Benefits: We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, and on
top of this, you will work with a talented group of providers,
professionals and co-workers who are dedicated to the highest
standards of quality care. The family of providers within the
Praxis Health values those we provide for and we value our
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No cost for
employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing
personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other
persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing
preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's
instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs;
maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing
explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning
patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into
specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing
radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices,
patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols
in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media,
administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following
established standards and procedures; developing radiographs;
observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Monitor and identify patient care needs and respond
- Provide patient education at an appropriate level for each
- Maintain open communication with the physicians and other staff
- Complete test results, assuring quality standards are achieved,
and provide to physicians in a timely manner. Able to generate a
- Follow safety procedures in compliance with OSHA and state
health department guidelines.
- Recognize basic equipment malfunction and contact the Technical
- Other duties may be assigned. Candidate must comply with all
state, local and federal rules, guidelines and requirements with
respect to safety and health. This includes, but is not limited to
any mandates with respect to the COVID-19 virus, such as PPE,
testing, or vaccination rules, absent a legally recognized need for
accommodation. Such accommodation requests should be promptly
submitted to HR and will be reviewed and approved based on the
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Satisfactory completion of ARRT certification examination with
- Two (2) years of experience in radiology imaging preferred, but
- Maintain continuing education as specified by the American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists Praxis Health is a family of
medical groups providing high quality healthcare throughout the
state of Oregon. Our community-based clinics are the DNA of our
business, providing better medicine, advocacy for our patients, and
a satisfying and collaborative culture for our providers and
The Praxis family approach is dynamically different than other
healthcare companies in Oregon. We are not "big box" health care,
but rather a company of small groups and clinics, of nimble
micro-cultures that can quickly adapt to industry changes, as well
as patient needs.
We have been serving communities across the beautiful and
adventurous state of Oregon for over 50 years! And we are pioneers
and thought leaders in the industry. Our commitment to innovative
and operational excellence has allowed us to create healthcare
solutions that are both cost-efficient and cutting edge.
Come see how healthcare is done right!
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk. The employee is occasionally required to
site and stoop, kneel or crouch the employee must regularly lift
and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. You will
be responsible for assisting patients, of varying weights, onto the
May have exposure to patients with communicable diseases as well as
exposure to CRT's and UV rays from computers.
This position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or
skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or for a potential
spill or splashes of same. Every employee is required to use
appropriate protective measures and to strictly adhere to all
safety guidelines and protocols regarding Blood Borne Pathogens
Radiation hazards exist in this occupation, and you are responsible
for minimizing the exposure through the use of lead aprons, gloves,
and other shielding devices, as well as by wearing a radiation
monitoring exposure instrument.
Praxis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Interpath Laboratory, Bend , Radiologic Technologist, Desert Orthopedics - East Bend, Healthcare , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!