Certified Nursing Assistant - $1,000 Hiring Bonus!
Company: Regency Care of Central Oregon
Posted on: March 19, 2020
The CNA provides quality nursing care to residents in an
environment which promotes resident rights, dignity, freedom of
choice, and their individuality while providing individualized
attention and encouraging residents to maintain or attain the
highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being and
answering residents' call lights promptly and courteously.
- Understanding and ensuring that individualized care plans are
followed and providing the charge nurse or other care planning
staff with specific information, changes and observations of the
residents' needs and preferences.
- The CNA attends to the individual needs of residents including
assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding,
incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances,
transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other
needs in keeping with the individuals' care requirements
- Provides care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to
prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing
incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents,
and applying moisturizers to fragile skin.
- Protects the personal belongings of each resident including
eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing,
memorabilia, etc. Promptly reports missing items according to
- The Certified Nursing Assistant performs various tasks assigned
by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents' weights,
applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, as well as
lifting, moving, and transporting residents, using proper body
mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Responsible for keeping records documenting care provided or
other information in keeping with department policies while
performing all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed
safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand
washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper
disposal of soiled materials.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the
resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
- The CNA is responsible for following universal precautions and
safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk
management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working
conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must hold current CNA Certification in State employed.
- A minimum of three months' prior Nursing Assistant experience
in long-term care preferred.
- Current First Aid and CPR.
Keywords: Regency Care of Central Oregon, Bend , Certified Nursing Assistant - $1,000 Hiring Bonus!, Healthcare , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!