Chef Manager - Dining Services Manager
Company: Prestige Care, Inc
Posted on: September 8, 2019
Want to make a significant impact while working for a American
Health Care Association award-winning community (Check out the
Join the award-winning team here at Prestige Senior Living High
Desert and work for our family-owned and operated
Nestled in the heart of Bend, Oregon, Prestige Senior Living High
Desert offers residents the comfort of home and the camaraderie of
community-based living. Residents experience the independence and
convenience that comes with community-based living, a myriad of
activities, educational opportunities and life-enrichment
At High Desert, we offer Celebrations, a lifestyle program that
embraces a philosophy of healthy, fulfilled living to foster
happiness and longevity among our residents. Our program s events,
activities and educational opportunities are designed to nurture
mind, body and spirit, and give you the choices and freedom to
Questions? Contact HighDesertED@prestigecare.com::
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the
skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a
Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you
are part of our family. With a company focus on career development
and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at
our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The
healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to
collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check
out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Develop mouthwatering meals and oversee our dining services
department at our beautiful care centers and communities! Leverage
your strong culinary leadership skills and make an impact in a
different way by serving in the Dining Services Manager role in the
booming senior living space!:
Dining Services Manager is responsible for the dietary department
of the community promoting a positive image to residents, families,
* Supervises the staff in the daily operation of the department,
monitoring job assignments and quality of food preparations.
* Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff and
provides orientation to new staff members and ongoing coaching to
* Prepares and submits food and supply orders, audits supply stock,
and ensures that the department has sufficient food supply and
working equipment at all times.
* Prepares meals four days a week, keeping one day a week as the
office day to audit and prepare food orders and review staff
* Communicates company policies and health department standards to
all staff holding staff accountable for preparing, serving and
storing food in accordance to all standards and policies.
* Evaluates staff performance and provides feedback, coaching and
discipline as needed to staff members.
* Inspects the food service areas and equipment ensuring they are
clean, safe, and orderly meeting community fire safety, infection
control and hazardous chemicals regulations and policies. Taking
prompt action to address any unsafe conditions or equipment
* Greets and obtains feedback regarding the dining experience from
residents, visitors, and staff courteously, respecting individual
dignity, resident rights and confidentiality standards at all
* Keeps the dietary department within budget, maintaining records
that reflect food, supply, and labor costs, and coordinates dietary
services with other departments as requested.
* Works with the dietary consultant and other department heads,
reviewing community and individual resident menus and works on
developing service plans.
* Participates in in-service, department head meetings and all
staff meetings. Keeps executive director and department heads up to
date on changes in the dietary department.
* Implements diet changes as directed by the Health Services
Director in a timely manner and ensures that all entries in the
resident records are informative and timely.
* Assists in planning and preparing for parties or special
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Dietary Degree and a minimum of one year supervisory experience
or three years working in the dietary area in a health care
* Experience with budgets, food and supply orders and inventory
* Meet qualifications as required by local or state
* Holds required state certification or service license.
* Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without
Executive Chef, Chef, Dining Services, Food Services, Manager,
Dietary, Nutrition, Restaurant, Menu, Creative, Senior, Elderly,
Assisted Living, Independent Living, Senior Housing. AL,
Alzheimer's, Assisted Living, CCRC, Communities, Continuous Care
Retirement Community, Independent Living, Long Term Care, Nursing
Home, Retirement Communities, Retirement Homes, Senior Housing,
Senior Living, Skilled Nursing, SNF, Jobs, Careers, Openings,
Opportunities, Search, Employment, Management, Management Trainee.
Job Titles: Chef, Food Services Director, Food Services Manager,
Dining Manager, Dining Services Director, Dietary Manager, Dietary
Services Director, Chef Manager, Restaurant Manager, Dining
Services Director, Dining Room Manager, ALF
Keywords: Prestige Care, Inc, Bend , Chef Manager - Dining Services Manager, Executive , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!