Resort Activities Manager
Company: Juniper Preserve
Posted on: November 17, 2022
SUMMARYThe Activities Manager is responsible for developing,
planning, and implementing an engaging recreation program for our
resort guests, members, and their children by offering innovative
activities and events on a daily and ad hoc basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESAdministrative Duties
- Provide the Sales & Marketing department detailed information
on all resort activities and events in a timely manner.
- Behave as a liaison between Pronghorn Departments to encourage
unique activities and events, marketed effectively as Pronghorn
Activities and ensure a variety of activity offerings throughout
the year for resort guests and members.
- Supervise activities and pool attendants assisting with
activities and special event programs.
- Train, guide, communicate and evaluate all activities staff to
include but not limited to pool attendants, bike attendant,
activities staff and third party contractors. - Provide positive
and construction feedback, based on performance.
- Assures that all new staff attend orientation and complete
company training schedules according to company manuals, and
implements continuing training.
- Monitor to assure all staff take required rest and meal breaks
within set time limits.
- Responsible for training, planning, assigning and directing
work, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining
associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Conduct daily line up meetings and attend all mandatory
department and management meetings.
- Responsible for purchasing items needed for activities and for
the Kids Club.
- Create and communicate weekly work schedules to activities
coordinators, attendants, pool and bike attendants, and
- Communicate activities to the resort's various customers, such
as resort guests and members.
- Manage and maintain recreation equipment.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with
internal and external partners.
- Consistently research possible activity ideas, including trying
and sampling new activities and evaluating them.
Business Generation Activities
- Develop and implement signature resort events and activities
including all facets and activity areas of the resort, such as:
wellness, golf, crafts, F&B, pools, kids club, etc.
- Ensure the execution of these ad hoc events are delivered to a
satisfactory guest experience.
- Ensure the business generation activities are driving resort
revenue to generate overnight stays and outlet sales.
- Work with Marketing and department heads to ensure events are
promoted and communicate to all stakeholders.
Guest Experience Activities
- Develop and implement daily resort activities that appeal to a
wide range of personalities and ages
- Ensure guests are aware of services and activities available on
- Create an activity schedule that reflects the resort's needs,
including corporate groups.
- Monitor and assess business levels to determine how often
activities are offered and how seasons will affect these
- Stay informed about new trends and developments in the
- Lead, delegate and implement activities.
QUALIFICATIONSRequiredTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must possess patience and a sincere appreciation for children of
all ages with the ability to communicate ideas and suggestions in a
variety of forms.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Able to pass a drug test.
- Valid Oregon driver's license with no recent alcohol related
offenses or criminal record.
- CPR Certified.
- First Aid Certified.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with Central Oregon attractions and
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, memos and
- Ability to write complex correspondence with staff and
- Ability to effectively communicate information to both guests
and staff of the resort.
- Ability to hold and comprehend phone conversations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to multi-task to provide solutions to situations deal
with several variables
- Personal Computer Experience.
- Ability to fully comprehend complex equipment
Keywords: Juniper Preserve, Bend , Resort Activities Manager, Executive , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!