Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Anheuser-Busch InBev
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world's most loved beers
and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are
owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges,
and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent
that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We
want talent that is looking for fast career growth,
cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training &
WORK LOCATION: Bend, Oregon
We started back in 2006 with three guys in Bend, Oregon who shared
one simple mindset; brew beer, drink beer, and have fun doing it.
Since then our brewery has grown but we will always stay the
same...Rough morning? Grab a beer. Powder day? The "gone skiing"
sign goes up. Too hot to work? Mandatory company float. You get the
picture...Here's to living it up with a beer in hand. Cheers!
The Quality Assurance Manager will oversee a broad quality
assurance program through rigorous procedures aimed at controlling
beer from "grain to glass." The QA Manager performs
cross-functional training guaranteeing that all aspects of
production live up to the highest standards possible. This position
not only manages the QA program and department, but also serves in
a technical role, leading microbiological and chemical
* Develop Standard Operating Procedures and align functionally,
bettering the quality of the beer.
* Maintains program budget. Escalating CAPEX needs for new
equipment if necessary.
* Responsible for overseeing sensory tasting panels to create
* Collaborates with brewing, packaging, logistics, and management
teams to implement and monitor delegated tasks central to the
* Responsible for QA equipment procurement, installation, and
applicable performance management.
* Responsible for tracking and reporting all Quality KPIs in
support of the Quality Pillar
* Organizes and provides training to staff to ensure external
* Manage hourly lab personnel while utilizing brewery staff for QA
processes and checks.
* Provide routine feedback and perform reviews for lab
* Promote an engaging and positive work environment throughout the
* Oversee general chemical and microbiological analyses on water
and the brewery environment.
* Oversee standardized laboratory test on in-process and finished
beer, including wort and yeast.
* Accountable for all consumer, retail, and wholesaler complaints.
Product quality issues are met with the proper level of
investigation and follow up.
* Owner of the Plant Food Safety Program - aimed at driving
continuous improvement of food safety in all areas of the
* Manages quality audit schedules, performs routine audits, and
prioritizes gap closing actions
* Responsible for sustainability of existing programs and building
of new programs to continuously improve the quality program
* Responsible for control of non-conforming product including
escalation and disposition
* Engage with repack locations to ensure product quality.
* Bachelor's Degree in Brewing, Chemistry, Food Science, or related
* At least 5 years of beer, food, beverage, or relevant industry
* Previous experience in a leadership role
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and various other
programs/software. Smartsheet experience a plus.
* Working knowledge of general lab equipment and procedures.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
* Strong leadership and communication skills required
* General understanding of all brewing, cellaring, and packaging
* Ability to work within a team-oriented environment.
* Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle adversity in
a high pace work environment
* Thorough knowledge of basic lab techniques (pipetting,
microscopy, and aseptic sampling).
* Formal sensory background a plus
* Working knowledge of Food Safety Programs including GMPs, HACCP,
Pest and Allergen Control
* Data analysis and organization to drive process improvements
* Ability to interview and select the best talent to grow and
develop the team.
* Strong sense of personnel development to grow our team members
and our brewery.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
* 401k matching up to 6%
* 7 paid company holidays
* Paid vacation and sick time off
* Employee Assistance Program
* Eligible for an annual bonus based on individual and business
* Free beer and merchandise discounts available
* Pub Discounts
ABOUT BREWERS COLLECTIVE:
Brewers Collective helps to unlock our 20+ craft brewery partners'
full potential by bringing them industry-leading expertise and
increased best practice sharing, empowering them to tap into the
strength of our collective Anheuser-Busch family. We share an
unwavering devotion to the authentic origins of each brewery, the
beer, and the communities they serve.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran and require a reasonable accommodation to complete the
application process, please contact us at:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT
Keywords: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Bend , Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!