Quality Assurance Manager
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world's most loved beers
and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are
owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges,
and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent
that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We
want talent that is looking for fast career growth,
cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training &
development. ROLE SUMMARY: The Quality Assurance Manager will
oversee a broad quality assurance program through rigorous
procedures aimed at controlling beer from ---grain to glass." The
QA Manager performs cross-functional training guaranteeing that all
aspects of production live up to the highest standards possible.
This position not only manages the QA program and department, but
also serves in a technical role, leading microbiological and
chemical analysis. WORK LOCATION: Bend, Oregon JOB
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and align functionally,
bettering the quality of the beer.
- Maintains program budget. Escalating CAPEX needs for new
equipment if necessary.
- Responsible for overseeing sensory tasting panels to create
- Collaborates with brewing, packaging, logistics, and management
teams to implement and monitor delegated tasks central to the
- Responsible for QA equipment procurement, installation, and
applicable performance management.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting all Quality KPIs in
support of the Quality Pillar
- Organizes and provides training to staff to ensure external
- Manage hourly lab personnel while utilizing brewery staff for
QA processes and checks.
- Provide routine feedback and perform reviews for lab
- Promote an engaging and positive work environment throughout
- Oversee general chemical and microbiological analyses on water
and the brewery environment.
- Oversee standardized laboratory test on in-process and finished
beer, including wort and yeast.
- Accountable for all consumer, retail, and wholesaler
complaints. -Product quality issues are met with the proper level
of investigation and follow up.
- Owner of the Plant Food Safety Program - aimed at driving
continuous improvement of food safety in all areas of the
- Manages quality audit schedules, performs routine audits, and
prioritizes gap closing actions
- Responsible for sustainability of existing programs and
building of new programs to continuously improve the quality
- Responsible for control of non-conforming product including
escalation and disposition
- Engage with repack locations to ensure product quality. JOB
- Bachelor's Degree in Brewing, Chemistry, Food Science, or
- At least 5 years of beer, food, beverage, or relevant industry
- Previous experience in a leadership role -
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and various other
programs/software. - Smartsheet experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of general lab equipment and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Strong leadership and communication skills required
- General understanding of all brewing, cellaring, and packaging
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle adversity
in a high pace work environment
- Thorough knowledge of basic lab techniques (pipetting,
microscopy, and aseptic sampling).
- Formal sensory background a plus
- Working knowledge of Food Safety Programs including GMPs,
HACCP, Pest and Allergen Control -
- Data analysis and organization to drive process
- Ability to interview and select the best talent to grow and
develop the team.
- Strong sense of personnel development to grow our team members
and our brewery. BENEFITS: -
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance -
- 401k matching up to 6% -
- 7 paid company holidays -
- Paid vacation and sick time off -
- Employee Assistance Program -
- Eligible for an annual bonus based on individual and business
- Free Beer and Merchandise discounts available -
- Pub Discount -
- Events - ABOUT BREWERS COLLECTIVE: - -Brewers Collective helps
to unlock our 20+ craft brewery partners' full potential by
bringing them industry-leading expertise and increased best
practice sharing, empowering them to tap into the strength of our
collective Anheuser-Busch family. We share an unwavering devotion
to the authentic origins of each brewery, the beer, and the
communities they serve. - -If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete the application process, please contact
us at: - - - - - - -
Keywords: Anheuser-Busch, Bend , Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!