Director of Portfolio Management
Company: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Posted on: November 14, 2021
- Ensure the Portfolio Management Team delivers consistent
outstanding customer service to CG fund and separate account
- Meet or exceed client expectations for their portfolio, and
communicate all aspects of the portfolio's performance, strategy,
and value creation initiatives.
- Ensure the Portfolio Management Team is providing accurate and
relevant portfolio analysis and reporting.
- Ensure the Portfolio Management Team responds to client
inquiries in an expeditious and thorough manner.
- Continually develop Portfolio Management Team and provide
exceptional leadership to maintain strong performance within the
- Keep Senior Leadership apprised of client and portfolio
activity, and work with the Managing Director of Operations,
Regional Managers, and Area Managers to:
- Enhance the operating performance of all client portfolios and
each respective property,
- Assure standardization of management activities,
- Represent the Portfolio Management Team and lead strategic
initiatives with other CG departments, and
- Facilitate communications throughout the organization.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee client reporting and analysis, including monthly and
quarterly financial reporting; budgeting and forecasting, annual
plan; strategic plan.
- Oversee contract compliance.
- Oversee preparation and monitoring of annual Client Service
Plan. Client Communications
- Responsible to Senior Leadership to fully meet the needs of
each client, which requires a comprehensive understanding of client
relationships and interaction with each CG department to provide
quality client service.
- Ensure the Portfolio Management Team develops and maintains
positive and productive relationships with clients through
- Oversee client communications surrounding:
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and
- Annual Investment Plans/Budgets (as defined in the Client
- Significant changes in the forest products industry and related
- Significant changes at CG. Portfolio Strategy and Analysis
- Provide oversight of Portfolio Management Team's recommended
adjustments to portfolio strategy and construction to achieve
client objectives, which may include:
- Acquisition recommendations.
- Disposition recommendations.
- Leverage recommendations.
- Value creation recommendations.
- Provide oversight of Portfolio Management Team's distribution
- Provide oversight of analysis performed by Portfolio Management
Team. This may include analysis of historical and expected
portfolio and property performance, valuations, financial
projections, portfolio diversification, and hold-sell
- Provide portfolio recommendations to, and represent the
client's interests at, CG's Investment Committee and Allocation
- Oversee the preparation of client reports, which may include
the Annual Investment Plan (portfolio strategy), strategic plans,
and any other strategic planning reports as specified by the
client. Portfolio Management Oversight
- Actively participate on the Allocation Committee to ensure that
client needs are represented.
- Actively lead the Portfolio Management Team to ensure that
client objectives are met, and to advocate 'best practices'
throughout the company.
- Proactively interact with Operations to ensure optimum asset
performance, prudent risk management, and equitable treatment based
on client objectives including meeting quarterly with Regional and
Area Managers to review client objectives, property (or asset, if
applicable) operations, and log markets.
- Proactively interact with CG's finance and accounting
departments to ensure appropriate accounting and tax treatments are
applied. Ensure appropriate tax and entity structures are
implemented and maintained.
- Provide oversight of portfolio and property budgeting and
- Review and participate in strategic planning, as well as all
ongoing business aspects of the portfolio, seeking to achieve 'best
practices' within forest (and asset, if applicable) operations,
(i.e. ESG compliance, log marketing, forest management practices,
- Ensure that environmental or financial risk management
reporting is conducted in a timely and professional manner to
- Respond to internal and external information requests in
conjunction with management and team members.
- Actively participate within the organization to ensure all
timberland management and advisory investment services meet or
exceed client commitments.
- Professionally represent CG at all levels.
- BS Degree (Business Administration, Accounting, Finance,
Forestry, or an equivalent field of study) and a minimum of ten
years working experience in a related field, required.
- MBA, CFA, CAIA, or working toward that designation,
- In lieu of the above, we will consider candidates with an
equivalent combination of education, training and experience
resulting in the knowledge and skills required to perform the
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED:
- Demonstrated ability to establish and leverage productive
relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience leading, developing, and managing investment
- Proven ability to communicate well with a broad array of
individuals in the field of investment advisory, real asset
management and financial management.
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting practices and
guidelines, including financial reporting requirements, entity and
- Working knowledge of investment industry, timber investment
industry knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated financial analysis and problem-solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written
- Demonstrated organizational skills; must be able to perform
multiple tasks efficiently and work well under deadline
- Must be willing and able to travel periodically.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions,
offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers,
small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate,
institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and
Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a
leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking,
commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse
talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to
our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high
value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status,
pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under
applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make
reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious
practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Keywords: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., Bend , Director of Portfolio Management, Executive , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!