Company: Smith Gardens, Inc.
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Who We Are: Headquartered in Bellingham, Washington, Smith
Gardens is a family-owned, wholesale nursery with a horticultural
heritage dating back over a century, growing annuals and perennials
at greenhouse locations in three states. Our approach to growing
solutions ensures we provide our customers the highest quality
plants-and we're committed to nurturing an exciting work
environment for all our team members to embrace. Who We Want: Smith
Gardens is looking for a professional who will work with the
Leadership Team to develop strategic direction for property,
equipment and automation, lead the expansion and maintenance of our
greenhouse properties, and guide Facilities Maintenance Managers at
each site. We're looking for a strong leader and visionary with
proven abilities to manage multiple projects, communicate
effectively with vendors, outside professionals, regulatory
agencies and other key stakeholders while keeping Site Managers and
Leadership Team informed and up to date on progress. This job,
depending on location base, requires 15-25% travel. ESSENTIAL
- Provide strategies, research, development, and implementation
for replacement and new projects relating to property, facilities
- Oversee project workflow of estimates, approvals, and
documentation to ensure timely completion and specifications are
met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain an effective system of communication to
Leadership Team and Management relative to project status.
- Collaborate with Design, Estimation and other project
specialists to ensure project and facility requirements are
identified, communicated and resolved.
- Coordinate with engineering team, regulatory agencies, and
construction team to ensure compliance with applicable codes,
architectural standards, and contractual requirements.
- Negotiate and implement best possible rate structures for all
utilities (gas, electricity, water, sewer, solid waste, and
recycling) and project contractors.
- Provide consultation and guidance to Site Managers and Facility
Maintenance Managers to ensure that day to day maintenance,
repairs, and improvements are carried out efficiently and to
acceptable standards. COMPETENCIES:
- Strong understanding of facility design, construction project
management, preventive maintenance and repairs as needed to oversee
- Ability to prioritize and delegate multiple tasks and
- Skills in Maintenance programs such as CMMS, PM, and TPM.
- Good understanding of the energy industry, specifically
procurement and delivery of natural gas and electricity.
- Ability to develop and track benchmarks and metrics for the
- Proficient in Excel, Visio and CAD software.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
and the ability to manage multiple locations and projects
simultaneously. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years' experience in physical plant maintenance and/or
project management and/or construction management.
- 5+ years' experience supervisor and management experience.
- Work in both an office and jobsite environment.
- Frequent travel between Company facilities. BENEFITS:
- Profit sharing
- 401K match
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid time-off
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability To learn more about our company & to view
a more detailed job description, visit our website
atsmithgardens.com/careers.We offer a competitive salary and
benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental
and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) and Company-Paid LTD.
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you! The above is
intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for
the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties
or qualifications. Smith Gardens provides equal employment
opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state
Keywords: Smith Gardens, Inc., Bend , Facilities Director, Executive , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!