Senior Manager, Technical Sales
Company: Lonza Biologics Porri--o SLU
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more
than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world.
While we work in science, there's no magic formula to how we do it.
Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working
together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In
exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and
small, genuinely improve the world. And that's the kind of work we
want to be part of. Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a
Technical Sales Senior Manager at our location in Bend, Oregon. A
successful Technical Sales Senior Manager will perform technical
project evaluations based on customer RFPs ( requests for
proposals) and informal requests, primarily for the Bend site.
These requests will likely span the full breadth of technologies,
but primarily require knowledge of amorphous solid dispersion's and
oral solid dosage forms. Key Responsibilities:
- Close collaboration with subject matter experts from R&D
including product development, Manufacturing, other Technical Sales
Managers (cross-site proposals), and other appropriate support
services/functions involved in on-boarding new programs.
- Lead customer calls and scope proposals (determine services and
order of operations needed to execute technical work packages,
define deliverables, outline pre-requisites, perform cost
calculations and assessments, identify risks, provide input on
offer strategy), and convert/prepare the proposal in the
- Finalize the draft proposal document based on the evaluation
work and provide agreed proposal deliverables to BD/KAM ( business
development/key account managers ) and Commercial Development to
finalize the offer.
- Support overall new program on-boarding processes, including
providing data and background for internal approval processes and
establishment of commercial models.
- Actively participate and support new opportunity pipeline
reviews and priority setting meetings with CD (commercial
development) and others to inform new opportunity vetting and
determine priorities for the subsequent proposal work.
- Support of BD/KAM and CD on pre-evaluations or informal
requests with first qualitative statements of technology and
facility fit, project complexity, potential risk and estimated
timelines; facilitate discussions/clarifications with customer;
inform bid/no-bid decisions and/or site recommendations).
- Support Commercial Functions/BU as requested at customer
visits, conferences, trade shows, contract negotiations, capacity
expansion projects and other strategic initiatives
- Assist in development, maintenance, and enhancement of
evaluation tools for assigned sites and services [evaluation
report, cost models and databases, work stage and proposal
templates, KPI ( key performance indicator) collection, etc.] in
order to drive continuous improvement in the evaluation process and
- Ensure complete and current information is handed over to
Program Management and provide support for existing projects when
appropriate and requested by project team
- Other responsibilities as required Key Requirements:
- BS required. Preferred area of study: Life Sciences with strong
expertise in amorphous solid dispersion's, oral solid dosage forms,
physical chemistry, drug product manufacturing technologies or
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical,
bio-pharmaceutical or related industry. Preferably the incumbent is
familiar with Lonza's DFDS ( dosage form and delivery solutions )
activities and assets in Bend. A solid understanding of Lonza's
competitors in the amorphous solid dispersion and oral solid dosage
form areas is an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of DP(I) development and
manufacturing and requirements thereof (R&D work based on
specific problem statements/TPPs ( target product profile ),
Analytics, technology transfer, validation activities and
requirements, CTM ( clinical trial manufacture) and regular
manufacturing, cost aspects and value generation).
- Sound knowledge of GMP standards and international
- Knowledge of pharma customers and their needs towards CMO
- knowledge of MS office applications, knowledge or willingness
to learn about financial and controlling aspects
- Ability to interpret customer RfPs and other mandates to
prepare tailored and compelling offers for customers, taking
strongly into accounts Lonza's needs.
- Project management capabilities to drive complex proposals
processes in cross functional teams with the understanding of
internal/external customer's needs and priorities.
- Experienced in customer relations, communications, and
- Promote safety and demand high quality standards for work being
- Team player with open and reliable character.
- Candidate must be able to travel approximately 5-10% of the
time. Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive
impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great
privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our
business results is just as important as the achievements
themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our
environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not
achieved ethically. People come to Lonza for the challenge and
creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in
life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with
improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes
with making a meaningful difference. Lonza is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Lonza Biologics Porri--o SLU, Bend , Senior Manager, Technical Sales, Executive , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!