Company: The Wonderful Company LLC
Posted on: January 9, 2021
CompanySuterra LLCThe RoleThe Role:Are you passionate about the
environment and sustainability? Have you ever wanted a career with
a company that continually invests to safeguard the global food
supply? Do you have high standards and a relentless desire to see
the impact you can make on an organization every day? If so, join
Suterra in making the world a better place. Naturally.At Suterra,
we know that the only way to grow a sustainable a business is to
scale our operations safely. The Safety Manager operates as the
head of safety for Suterra's headquarters in Bend, Oregon and is
responsible for driving the development, implementation, oversight
and continuous improvement of the function.This role partners with
internal stakeholders to provide strategic safety guidance across
the global enterprise, including within chemical operations,
manufacturing, analytical sciences and remote operations in the
U.S. and Europe. They will interface daily with a number of
cross-functional teams and will collaborate at multiple levels of
the organization to generate solutions.Responsibilities
Include:Developing Safety Systems and Programs
- Leading safety initiatives based on analysis of incident data
and feedback from employees.
- Working with external vendors to customize online tools for
incident reporting, training, material safety data and work
- Developing a robust framework for managing EHS documents
including inspections and audit results shared with outside
- Benchmarking companies and operations with similar safety
challenges to drive the adoption of the best practices within the
- Conducting high quality and detailed risk assessments for new
manufacturing equipment and facilities.Providing Tools for Use
Across the Organization
- Developing and providing safety training for new and existing
- Identifying, evaluating and facilitating outside training for
specific EHS topics.
- Generating and maintaining controlled documents describing our
EHS procedures and standards.
- Identifying and assessing different options for ensuring
safety, including personal protective equipment, engineering
controls and operating procedures.
- Maintaining adequate stocks of safety equipment.Managing
- Leading interaction with external agencies that enforce
compliance with EHS regulations.
- Facilitating inspections to ensure a clear and accurate
representation of our EHS performance.
- Serving as the liaison with local, state, and federal agencies
establishing a strong partnership and overseeing the response to
any inquiries or inspections.
- Building relationships with community stakeholders who are
integral to our disaster response plans, including fire and police
- Leveraging resources at our parent company to share best
practices and to simplify reporting and compliance.Minimum
- A Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Public Health, Industrial
Hygiene, or Safety Engineering with 1+ years of work
- The candidate must possess 2 + years of experience applying
OSHA, NFPA, and ANSI requirements.Preferred Qualifications:
- Professional EHS Certifications are a plus: Certified
Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or Certified Safety Professional
- 1+ years of experience promoting health and safety at a site
operating under OSHA's Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Understanding of EHS regulations relevant to our operating
locations and industry, including zoning, utilities, fire codes,
hazardous material handling, air emissions and wastewater
- Demonstrated proficiency with structured problem-solving tools,
including the 5 Whys, Ishikawa diagrams and Pareto analysis.
- Experience working in manufacturing facilities.
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook) and other programs as needed.Click to see
where you would work!#LI-MC1LocationBend, ORPerks
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7
online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to
donate company money to a cause of your choice.The Wonderful
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for
advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected
Keywords: The Wonderful Company LLC, Bend , Safety Manager, Executive , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!