Posted on: September 17, 2023
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from
the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization.
Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding
culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better
every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow-people
with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the
qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles
ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
UPS is currently seeking a reliable Automotive Technician to join
our outstanding fleet maintenance team. He/She will maintain a
diverse range of equipment including delivery vehicles, heavy duty
on road tractors and trailers from a variety of manufacturers.
Powered vehicle propulsion includes diesel, gasoline and
alternative technology power plants (including compressed natural
gas, liquefied natural gas, propane, hybrid and electrical in some
locations). Automotive Technicians must be skilled in
troubleshooting and maintaining various systems including hydraulic
brakes, air brakes, electrical and engine control. If you're
looking for an exciting career in the automotive industry, we want
to hear from you!
Automotive Technicians must be willing to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd
shifts, including Monday through Friday, Sunday through Thursday as
well as Tuesday through Saturday schedules, depending on the
location's need. UPS offers attractive wages, benefits and paid
vacations. Uniforms are also provided. Automotive Technicians must
possess the required hand tools required to perform the applicable
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meets D.O.T requirements and CDL qualifications required by job
- Bends, stoops, squats, kneels, crouches, crawls, climbs ladders
and stairs, stands, walks, and turns/pivots frequently throughout
duration of workday
- Sits infrequently, as required, throughout duration of
- Exercises simple hand grasping, power hand grasping, fine hand
manipulation, and reaching from foot level to above shoulder level
as necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Operates standard and manual transmission
- Operates power and pneumatic tools
- Meets all requirements to be Power Industrial Truck Operations
Knowledge and Skills
- Current documented automotive mechanical experience
- Experience using diagnostic equipment, scan tools and personal
- Possesses full complement of personal hand tools
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) - Preferred
- Works full time shifts: 8-10 hours per day, 4-5 days per 7-day
- Dependable with ability to report to work on a regular and
timely basis and complete scheduled workday on a consistent
- Available to work varying shifts, additional hours and/or
overtime depending on service needs
- Wears personal protective equipment as required
- Works in an environment with variable temperatures and humidity
(climatic conditions), exposure to cleaning materials, petroleum
products, dust, dirt, and noise, outside inclement weather,
- Works cooperatively in a diverse work environment
- Communicates effectively through sight, hearing, and/or
otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination,
harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions. UPS is an equal
opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of
origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully
admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in
the U.S. for this employer.
Keywords: UPS, Bend , Automotive Technician, Engineering , Bend, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!