Company: LS Networks
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Are you looking to make an impact on a quickly growing company
that has a commitment to improving our communities and encourages
fresh ideas, while providing a great work/life balance? -LS
Networks -is looking for an experienced leader to help grow our
product offerings within the telecommunications service provider
space. LS Networks is a rapidly expanding provider of high-speed
internet services, founded in the Portland area, with the mission
of bringing our fiber-based services to rural, underserviced
areas.We are searching for a -Project Engineer. - This role manages
the planning, implementation, coordination, reporting, budget, and
communication for projects designated as technical or
infrastructure engineering related.We are constantly seeking
enthusiastic and innovative professionals to join the LS Networks
team. We value dedicated professionals who strive to create
excellent customer experiences and believe in our company's mission
to bring high-speed broadband and network reliability to
traditionally underserved communities throughout the Pacific
Northwest.We absolutely believe in taking care of our employees and
offer the following benefits:
- Complete medical & dental coverage -starting at 90% employer
paid premiums for single coverage.
- Our safe harbor 401(k) plan is available to employees on day 1,
and includes a -100% fully vested employer match of up to 4% of
- 8 paid holidays, -flexible "Take What You Need" PTO -and paid
family leave, 16 hours of paid volunteer time!
- LS Networks encourages staff members to pursue ongoing
education and gain industry certifications by offering -tuition
- LS Networks employees can also take advantage of local employee
store passes, local sporting event tickets and much more!Essential
- Work with management to develop project plans including
resourcing, risk assessment, scheduling, and financial plans for
projects designated as technical or with a high engineering
- Ability to manage a matrixed project team (Field Technicians,
Engineers, Support Specialists and CAD Technicians) in the
production of various complexities and quality projects through
consensus delivered on time and within budget. -
- Coordinate project kick-off meetings to introduce project teams
to project plans including scope, schedule, and budget.
- Establish regular communication with the Service Delivery Team
and Customer or Customer Representatives, set expectations for
delivery, and provide periodic and regular updates indicating
- Work to resolve and remove barriers for the successful delivery
of project objectives. - -
- Manage and publish detailed schedule of project milestones,
project tasks, and project dependencies and assure project
milestones are delivered according to customer expectations.
- Track and report project expenditures and endeavor to deliver
projects on budget.
- Coordination of diverse project teams made up of internal and
external resources to confirm efficiency, alignment of priorities,
collaboration, and accountability.
- Communicate as necessary to project stakeholders to confirm
relevant information is distributed in a timely fashion. - -
- Travel throughout service territory as necessary to build team,
customer, and stakeholder relationships.
- Acquire knowledge of project subject matter to the extent
necessary to predict barriers, manage risk, and meet project
milestones with ability to leverage staff and/or subject matter
experts to achieve project goals.
- Report on project status, project progress, and key performance
indicators for each project to management.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience of 2+ years
managing infrastructure projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of essential project management
methodologies and how to translate that knowledge into practical
- Effective organization skills, including the ability to
develop, prioritize and maintains project plans, provide status
updates, and works to ensure designs adhere to contract
- Comprehensive understanding of principles of communications
infrastructure engineering, particularly fiber optic design and
deployment, design methodologies and engineering discipline and
their application in a complex project. Additional knowledge of
telecommunication systems, infrastructure engineering, fiber optic
construction, land use and environmental permitting.
- Working knowledge of the specific areas of engineering
expertise applicable at LS networks including Inside Plant,
transmission, Ethernet, IP/MPLS, infrastructure design &
permitting, and construction in the public Right of Way.
- Ability to self-manage one's time along with the time of
project team members. Punctuality and timely follow-up are
- Ability to translate project scope, schedule, and budget into
underlying component resourcing requirements. -
- Ability to work well under compressed timelines and adapt to
frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to perform thorough and detailed analysis and reporting
of cost alternatives for multiple solutions and development of
plans based on best practices.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with both
customers and team members. Strive for relationships with mutual
respect and accountability.
- Ability to manage diverse team members, personality types, and
work styles to bridge differences, avoid conflicts, and leverage
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, and persistence are all
- Working knowledge of project systems and tools including MS
Office Suite, Smartsheet or other equivalent project management
tools that include project plans, resource management, and
dependencies identified and managed within the software.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects with competing
- Ability to manage deadlines, demanding environments, and
challenging customer environments.
- Ability to analyze and recognize challenges and offer creative
solutions.Location: -Redmond or Bend area, Oregon
Keywords: LS Networks, Bend , Project Engineer, Engineering , Redmond, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!